What GTX 570?

InCrYsIs

I am looking to purchase a GTX 570. I usually buy EVGA but I thought I would ask to see if there is a better brand these days. What are some thoughts?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got a MSI Twin Frozr II GTX 570. Love it so far. Overclocks are great, temps are even better.

Ive only had it for 2 days now. But so far my highest overclock is 955mhz on the core, and 2250 on the memory. looking around the net it looks like i havent push the memory nearly far enough as most people are getting 2400+ But i just havent had enough time to test it. Since furmark doesnt work as a good testing on the 5xx series ive had to resort to using Crysis and SC2 to test stability. SC2 at 16x AA really packs a punch on a card lol.

Highest temps so far on the MSI TF2 at 1100mv 955mhz core = 74c, with the max allowed 85% fan speed of course enforced.

So far my thoughts on the MSI TF2 GTX 570, Its a Buy! And after you Buy... buy again, for SLI, lol.

Its all really what you are looking to do.

If overclocking is not going to done then you can buy the highest clocked card that fits your budget. Also you want to look at the cooling solution. The board partners make some extraordinarily effective cooling solutions.

If you will be overclocking you can look at whatever card fits your budget as well. Some times the factory overclocked models really have lower or equivalent. ALl i have tested so far on 570s are ASUS reference based models so I dont have a large frame of reference but buy the best one you can afford and look at the feature set and bundle offered.

Its all really what you are looking to do.

If overclocking is not going to done then you can buy the highest clocked card that fits your budget. Also you want to look at the cooling solution. The board partners make some extraordinarily effective cooling solutions.

If you will be overclocking you can look at whatever card fits your budget as well. Some times the factory overclocked models really have lower or equivalent. ALl i have tested so far on 570s are ASUS reference based models so I dont have a large frame of reference but buy the best one you can afford and look at the feature set and bundle offered.

Definitely OC, cool temps and quiet as possible fan(s)

Find one that has better cooling solution. As always, better cooling yield better performance

In theory yes but not always ! :cheers:

I have 4 GTX 460s with a variety of cooling solution's and really the only aspect it helps with when looking at ultimate clock speed is the temperature at which the cards run.

In theory yes but not always ! :cheers:

I have 4 GTX 460s with a variety of cooling solution's and really the only aspect it helps with when looking at ultimate clock speed is the temperature at which the cards run.

Idk man, my friend's gigabyte 460 gets way better temps than my cousin's Palit 460 but they clock identically. It's all luck

Definitely OC, cool temps and quiet as possible fan(s)

Well the MSI GTX570 i just got, ended up being a beast! After sitting down and getting a few hours quality time with the card i was able to crank out a massive overclock of 971/1942/2432!!! I only have one benchmark recorded so far, its 3dmark11 got a P6665. These clocks i did run at the max allowable 85% fan speed but the core never broke 83c under the twin Frozr II cooling solution!!! These clocks were also stable in SC2 @ 1920x1080 with 8x AA and 16x AF, didnt test any other games yet though, just not enough time. But so far the fans are very quiet when not on blast, when i was playing SC2 at 900/1800/2200, i just left it on Auto fan control it never went over 60% fan speed and only hit 74c on the core. Very good temps and its much quieter than any of the other fans in my case. The CM R4's on my Megahalems pretty much completely drown out the sound of the GTX570 until it hits about 70% fan speed.

My only complaint so far, is that Afterburner only lets me apply 1100mv to the core, im sure with more juice i could get MUCH higher clocks out of this bad boy.

I highly recommend this card.

Probably anything but EVGA lol

This PNY one is cheapest AND lifetime warranty: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133370&cm_re=570_gtx-_-14-133-370-_-Product

you could always get a reference 6950 2GB and unlock to a 6970 too

I agree when you find one at a very good price it becomes to one to get as they are all about the same except for the cooler, the warranty, and the "factory" overclock.

Case in point I bought a factory overclocked EVGA that would clock as high a standard clock PNY card.