The Unofficial Battlefield 3 Thread

WhenKittensATK

Hmm PC version has no server browser wtf?? but console version does??? if you want to join another server you will have to restart the game??

http://bf3blog.com/2011/08/battlefield-3-pc-version-wont-have-in-game-server-browser/

Going to wait to see how this pans out. If it becomes a fact then I will be cancelling my pre-order because this is dumb.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/08/19/battlefield-3-pc-wont-have-in-game-server-browser-battlelog-is-the-main-menu/

They are saying its actually faster to find and join servers with this new system than the old one. It's not like there is a BF3 intro video playing or logos loading you have to wait for when you boot up the BF3 client after hitting join server. It just loads you straight into the server.

Before you couldn't browse for a new server while you were currently in one. With this new system you can, although it isn't nearly as good as how Valve implements it.

Edited by Krazyxazn

They are saying its actually faster to find and join servers with this new system than the old one. It's not like there is a BF3 intro video playing or logos loading you have to wait for when you boot up the BF3 client after hitting join server. It just loads you straight into the server.

Before you couldn't browse for a new server while you were currently in one. With this new system you can, although it isn't nearly as good as how Valve implements it.

Little harsh to compare how Valve does ANYTHING to another company's way of doing things.

Though EA deserves it with this whole Origin thing....

Little harsh to compare how Valve does ANYTHING to another company's way of doing things.

Though EA deserves it with this whole Origin thing....

It's never harsh to compare a company to Valve. DICE wants to claim they are PC oriented but they really aren't. They are starting all this flame war with MW3, but RO2 smokes BF3 completely when it comes to PC features.

It's never harsh to compare a company to Valve. DICE wants to claim they are PC oriented but they really aren't. They are starting all this flame war with MW3, but RO2 smokes BF3 completely when it comes to PC features.

DICE and Infinity Ward are pretty cool with one another, man. It's EA that's mudslinging Activision. I'd suggest you check your sources.

Edited by Interimo

DICE and Infinity Ward are pretty cool with one another, man. It's EA that's mudslinging Activision. I'd suggest you check your sources.

Apparently you don't even visit the BF Blog page. They take shots at CoD all the time, CoD Elite and Battlelog is a perfect example. Considering I have probably 75% of the posts in this threads, I know my information.

Apparently you don't even visit the BF Blog page. They take shots at CoD all the time, CoD Elite and Battlelog is a perfect example. Considering I have probably 75% of the posts in this threads, I know my information.

I think he was talking about how the administration of DICE don't really like to talk about their competitors, at least not when they're giving press conferences and stuff.