Crazy Winter Ice Storm About to Cover the Midwest

Speedway

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it's all about NOT STOPPING and RUNNING STARTS when it get's high, 4WD or not

yea the only bad thing? my truck being a 95 and 120,000 miles still has the original clutch and there is very little peddle left. not only that there is a slight amount of air in the slave cylinder (that I put in there) to help maintain that last bit of the clutch and when the weather changes the fluid level also changes...colder = more air in the slave....warmer = less air and full peddle...

after work last night I had half peddle of free play and I pushed it in a few times to pump it up a tad and when I started the engine the peddle stayed on the floor...not a good feeling. I pulled it up and it was fine but after the truck warmed up 20 minutes and there was some heat in the slave the fluid expanded back to where it normally is and the peddle was back to normal....Darn Ford and their faulty Hydraulic slave systems...

I would bleed the air out of the system but when the engine gets up to temp and the fluid reaches normal temp it expands enough to raise the residual pressure in the system enough to cause the clutch to slip...

basially I am just buying time to get the most out of this clutch before I need to change it...just hoping for warmer weather...its been 2 years now

Geez that's crazy, good idea for using the weather to keep it still useful until it's warm enough you can do something about it.

Stick is awesome for rocking out of a stuck situation, auto....not so much.

To you guys in this crap: Please tell the postal service buck up, my amazon packages wont get here if they keep delaying them due to a little cold weather and freezing water.

I drive in that same crap every day and it you say the reason I am not cripple because MN actually has snow plows you are wrong. I just know how to drive in this. My road is always last to get plowed and it doesn't slow me down.

I want my things sooner rather than later. I need my things nao. But that sucks for people who haven't driven in this crap before.

Eh, a little snow and ice wont hurt ya. The roads where I am are never actually "safe" in the winter. Sometimes they just have less ice than normal.

Edited by gabrieltessin