Our random folding chat

mattyamdfanboi

Sandy Bridge is fail ,

Not true. Even if it does not overclock as much as you would like think of all the thousands of people who do not overclock and will be buying platforms based on it. For them it is awesome.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not true. Even if it does not overclock as much as you would like think of all the thousands of people who do not overclock and will be buying platforms based on it. For them it is awesome.

I suppose , lots of people buy the low to mid end stuff and for that Sandy Bridge is great because it is relatively cheap .

But for hardcore guys with i7's and X6's clocked at least at 4ghz , it is fail to "upgrade" to Sandy Bridge since it will not be worthwhile since the D2 revision will only get to 4.4ghz if your lucky and you lose out on the triple channel goodness on LGA1366 and on the 6 core goodness on AM3

Yeah. That sucks. What is the deal with making the retail models slower than the engineering samples. And having reviewers review the engineering samples.

It was an idea from Intel to fool the market , if all were able to do 5ghz stable then it would definately be high-end but lets see what Bulldozer and Socket 2011 brings.

What PPD do you think a 6 core 1090t at around 4ghz - 4.2ghz would bring in ?

i think it also depends on the WU.. coz now my cpu is doing 7k @ 2.8ghz... :-/ which is now giving me nearly 40kppd in total with the ps3.. im now posting anywhere from 3k-6k every 3hrs.. and probably about 10k when the cpu sends one through along with the gpu ones...