Our random folding chat

mattyamdfanboi

So exactly what did you do? I have additional parameters set to -gpu 0 and -gpu 1 and the extensions set to the same. What else do i need to do? Cause i always get "your card is not supported".

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just one card.

I found this on stanfords site that i must have missed first time around.

The display must be active on the GPU card you plan to use, and –gpu 0 will select the first board, –gpu 1 will select the second board, -gpu 2 the third board, and so-on. You will need to extend the desktop for multiple boards to be detected.

So do you have 2 monitors? I dont.

EDIT: Doest it make any difference whether the client is in appdata\roaming\ or on desktop? They recommend appdata\roaming but i find desktop easier.

Edited by SpeedCrazy

I got it. I used -forcegpu nvidia_g80 and the sli disable. Now the points should build back up. Does fahmon generate gpu ppd for any of you? For me it says 000* but it does generate it for the smp client.

yer i can just imagine how much juice mines using... but i get paid well and i put $50 a week towards bills that come every 3 months.. so thats like$600 on bills straight off the bat in 3 months so it has a much smaller hit on me with the total..

atm ive got both cards folding at 900/1800... the 580 is doing 20kppd and the 460 is doing 11k ppd... not bad considering the 580 cost me 629 and the 460 was only 159 lol

my cpu is a let down though lol doing 3k atm hahah total is 34k + 1k from the ps3 so 34k hahaha stupid cpu.. well stupid ram.. doesnt let me over clock it! new ram next week i think! i want my 4ghz back dammit!

yer i can just imagine how much juice mines using... but i get paid well and i put $50 a week towards bills that come every 3 months.. so thats like$600 on bills straight off the bat in 3 months so it has a much smaller hit on me with the total..

atm ive got both cards folding at 900/1800... the 580 is doing 20kppd and the 460 is doing 11k ppd... not bad considering the 580 cost me 629 and the 460 was only 159 lol

my cpu is a let down though lol doing 3k atm hahah total is 34k + 1k from the ps3 so 34k hahaha stupid cpu.. well stupid ram.. doesnt let me over clock it! new ram next week i think! i want my 4ghz back dammit!

maybe you should try the new sandy bridge platform lol

nah thats future.. i need an sli board with atleast 3 x16 slots.. hence me going maybe intel.. gonna wait n see what bulldozer has to offer first.. then see what ill do.. otherwise i gotta wait till there are reliable hacks for it.. if any

Why dont you just get a lucid board for sli ?? Just get this .

I was considering getting one later so I too can have two 580's.

Sandy Bridge is fail , you probably will end up burning the chip. Wait for Socket 2011 and Bulldozer , those are for the real men .