The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition

Avinexis

Hit level 21 yesterday, but I had to take a break. My head started to hurt after so long, so I had to take a break.

Not sure where to go from here, honestly. I really want to get my smithing to 100, but it's so damned expensive, and mining everything myself takes a ridiculously long time.

Hit level 21 yesterday, but I had to take a break. My head started to hurt after so long, so I had to take a break.

Not sure where to go from here, honestly. I really want to get my smithing to 100, but it's so damned expensive, and mining everything myself takes a ridiculously long time.

This is NOT a game that should be rushed, maxing out anything SHOULD take a long time.

Doug and I were talking last night and this game has spoiled both of us. You see we are OLD school pen and paper DnD players. Over the years we have evolved into MMO players but Skyrim has made us recall what we LOVE about a great RPG. We are taking our time, going nice and slow. For example I am only to level 5 as of this morning. Just finished the Dragon claw mission and searched the tomb to get my first Word of Power.

My Assassin/Illusionist style is working GREAT! I am working up bow and illusion skills along with dual dagger for combat. I love taking my time and exploring the area before engaging, I find there is always a way to use the area to my advantage.

Yeah, there are some pretty neat concepts in the game.

For instance those shimmering pools that look like oil that you see in buildings and caves. Guess what?

It's oil!

Lure a foe into the area, cast a fire based mage attack into the area or smash one of those hanging lanterns above it and you catch the oil on fire and burn them to a crisp. (Heck, thowing a torch might even work)

Does anyone know of any other environmental things like that?

It'd be neat if you could freeze an enemy standing in water, do extra daagme with electric based attacks to metal wearing foes or those in water (INCLUDING YOURSELF).

I guess those kinds of things coild be added in via mods, after all there is a shout that freezes an enemy solid already, so the animation is already there.

I like the fact that the game has a true RPG feel and not a slicked up, mainstream rush job for impatient High Schooler FPS peoples haha. This Skyrim has a better feel than Oblivion and more of the feel like Morrowind but on a much better scale and graphics engine.

Taking your time and just LIVING WITHIN THE GAME and being able to put it down at a reasonable bedtime hour makes it all the more enjoyable. I enjoy the challenge of using Newb Armor and Newb weapons and having to struggle with survival if i get into a bad situation. Replay should be fun as well when the time comes... maybe with a few nice major mods added as well. This game is the Schizz.

I like the fact that the game has a true RPG feel and not a slicked up, mainstream rush job for impatient High Schooler FPS peoples haha. This Skyrim has a better feel than Oblivion and more of the feel like Morrowind but on a much better scale and graphics engine.

Taking your time and just LIVING WITHIN THE GAME and being able to put it down at a reasonable bedtime hour makes it all the more enjoyable. I enjoy the challenge of using Newb Armor and Newb weapons and having to struggle with survival if i get into a bad situation. Replay should be fun as well when the time comes... maybe with a few nice major mods added as well. This game is the Schizz.

It's pretty impressive when I get into a situation, and I actually think "Crap, I've got a problem. How am I going to escape this?"

Most games, I'm never really in any kind of trouble, or if I do I don't really give a crap.

There's a few complaints that I've had so far:

The bartering system sucks. Compared to Oblivion, this system is a total loss for the player.

Bows are really inaccurate. I've done some testing, and the majority of the time I have to actually aim about 1/4" above where the reticule is. Admittedly, bows are natively inaccurate, but I don't see why it should go UP from where you're aiming.

Taking your time and just LIVING WITHIN THE GAME and being able to put it down at a reasonable bedtime hour makes it all the more enjoyable

put it down at a reasonable bedtime hour?!?!?

ive played it to 1am every night since launch, and still havent touched main quest

When I have to be up early the next day, I'll stop gaming at a decent hour. The other days.. not really. :lol:

As for the bows, I haven't had the arrows traveling upwards. The exact opposite actually, I'll have to aim a little above the target since the arrow can't travel as far as say, a bullet. So you aim above the target, fire, and then the arrow should hit them.

put it down at a reasonable bedtime hour?!?!?

ive played it to 1am every night since launch, and still havent touched main quest

Pretty much the same here, on this character I have 8 dragon shouts and I haven't even gone up that mountain to the Greybeards yet...

:P

When I have to be up early the next day, I'll stop gaming at a decent hour. The other days.. not really. :lol:

As for the bows, I haven't had the arrows traveling upwards. The exact opposite actually, I'll have to aim a little above the target since the arrow can't travel as far as say, a bullet. So you aim above the target, fire, and then the arrow should hit them.

See, like I said, I actually have to aim slightly below them unless I'm at a fair distance.

See, like I said, I actually have to aim slightly below them unless I'm at a fair distance.

It's because the arrows follow an arc and they made distance shooting easier by having the initial angle be slightly above level. I like it...nobody shoots a bow flat. :P