3dMark 11

Water_Hazard

What I said : Stock 680 vs Overclocked 7970 = 7970 hands down and the main point to be made in that equation is that the 7970 makes up the difference in performance with ease whilst saving your hard earned money

And : OC 680 vs OC 7970 = Pretty even

Congrats, 4% for 16% more price :lol:

where's your unigine bench

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well ya get what ya pay for

Lol actually quite the opposite, you should be getting 16% performance gains over my 7970 and currently your only getting 4% in Extreme and like 1% in Performance

Im getting 55.1FPS in Heaven and I remember the clocks being at 1250MHz and 1800MHz if I remember correctly. Im not going to post it up because you'll probably beat it and then I'll have to try again but if you cant beat my score then I'll post it up

The GTX680 looks to be winning in synthetics , I wish there was a way for us to do and post up scores from game benchmarks which these cards are designed for but there arent many game benchmarks for the public now-a-days

Lol actually quite the opposite, you should be getting 16% performance gains over my 7970 and currently your only getting 4% in Extreme and like 1% in Performance

Im getting 55.1FPS in Heaven and I remember the clocks being at 1250MHz and 1800MHz if I remember correctly. Im not going to post it up because you'll probably beat it and then I'll have to try again but if you cant beat my score then I'll post it up

The GTX680 looks to be winning in synthetics , I wish there was a way for us to do and post up scores from game benchmarks which these cards are designed for but there arent many game benchmarks for the public now-a-days

no post no proof sorry charlie

no post no proof sorry charlie

Well that run was overclocked so you can post up your overclocked run so long. Will post up that run tomorrow because I dont have time so just take my word for it now

Hey now, you should know that cost % does not always mean exact % increase in performance. It's like buying SandyBridge-E or any of the previous top end CPU's. They cost a lot but that extra cost never means a lot more performance. Most of the performance increases are negligible. The same can be said here for video cards and even RAM, SSD's, etc.

Also, 7970 vs 680, OC and Stock. Every review I've seen shows the 680 as being better than the 7970, stock or overclocked. The 7970 is more akin to the 670, and our scores prove that. I'm very close to your top OC with massive voltage increases, and I haven't even hit my top yet. *EDIT* At lower resolutions, anyway. With more VRAM stock the 7970 does better in high res/multi monitor setups.

*EDIT2* Also, you seem to forget that the 680 and 670 both started off cheaper than the 7970 and 7950. AMD is the one who is playing catch-up with their pricing.

Edited by TraptPatriot

Hey now, you should know that cost % does not always mean exact % increase in performance. It's like buying SandyBridge-E or any of the previous top end CPU's. They cost a lot but that extra cost never means a lot more performance. Most of the performance increases are negligible. The same can be said here for video cards and even RAM, SSD's, etc.

Also, 7970 vs 680, OC and Stock. Every review I've seen shows the 680 as being better than the 7970, stock or overclocked. The 7970 is more akin to the 670, and our scores prove that. I'm very close to your top OC with massive voltage increases, and I haven't even hit my top yet. *EDIT* At lower resolutions, anyway. With more VRAM stock the 7970 does better in high res/multi monitor setups.

*EDIT2* Also, you seem to forget that the 680 and 670 both started off cheaper than the 7970 and 7950. AMD is the one who is playing catch-up with their pricing.

+1 :cheers: