3dMark 11

Water_Hazard

his score looks to be about right. jdm you have an i7 2600k oc to 4.7 that is pumping you physics score way up where toasty with his 920 @ 3.7 a slower cpu speed gives a lower physics and combined score. also t0asty what speed is your ram running at? ive tested a few runs with my ram at 2000mhz and at 1600mhz and the higher ram speeds with looser timings is faster then the slower ram and tighter timings.

jdm i just checked your 3dmark score and with your 4.7 and my last pull at 4.6 my 950 beat your physics score do you know what your ram speed and timings are? i would of thought that your faster cpu would of beat mine. my ram was running at 2005mhz @ 7-9-7-24-2t

*water my single 580 score was ran at 4.26ghz not 4.72ghz

stock 9 9 9 27 1t @ 1600

Edited by jdm_freek

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My score with just an OC HD5770

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1061644

Looks about right lol. When i had a single 5770, my score wasnt very high either, still played a ton of games great though! I ran my 5770 through at 1010core/1325mem and only got like 3155 lol. And that was with my i7 at 4.2Ghz!

stock 9 9 9 27 1t @ 1600

Memory speeds and timings have a MASSIVE effect on 3dMark11 CPU score. Here is a table of sorts i made proving this fact.

I probably shouldnt have shared this secret with everyone as now i cant keep up with Olo's CPU score anymore, our Memory is capable of similar clocks, but his water cooled i7 is clocked alot higher than mine lolol!

Get to overclocking that memory!!

Looks about right lol. When i had a single 5770, my score wasnt very high either, still played a ton of games great though! I ran my 5770 through at 1010core/1325mem and only got like 3155 lol. And that was with my i7 at 4.2Ghz!

Memory speeds and timings have a MASSIVE effect on 3dMark11 CPU score. Here is a table of sorts i made proving this fact.

I probably shouldnt have shared this secret with everyone as now i cant keep up with Olo's CPU score anymore, our Memory is capable of similar clocks, but his water cooled i7 is clocked alot higher than mine lolol!

Get to overclocking that memory!!

Interesting! Do you know if there's a difference between using just 4GB as opposed to 8GB or 16GB? I guess I'll have to try it out...

Interesting! Do you know if there's a difference between using just 4GB as opposed to 8GB or 16GB? I guess I'll have to try it out...

I dont have the ability to test for additional amounts of ram. Lol, although i have thought about getting another 3x2GB kit before, but i think the added stress on the memory controller would limit my memory overclocks, and 6GB seems to do fine for now. I mainly wanted more ram so that i could give my virtual machines more memory, only having 1GB per machine on like 4 of them is kinda lame hah.

I cant find it on the forums, but i did some testing with single, dual, and triple channel testing for someone awhile back. The results were impressive for dual channel, but not so much for triple.

Dual channel over single channel offered pretty amazing results.

Triple channel over dual channel offered barely any increase, 5%-10% maybe.

When i get home ill see if i still have the original document i made.

I dont have the ability to test for additional amounts of ram. Lol, although i have thought about getting another 3x2GB kit before, but i think the added stress on the memory controller would limit my memory overclocks, and 6GB seems to do fine for now. I mainly wanted more ram so that i could give my virtual machines more memory, only having 1GB per machine on like 4 of them is kinda lame hah.

I cant find it on the forums, but i did some testing with single, dual, and triple channel testing for someone awhile back. The results were impressive for dual channel, but not so much for triple.

Dual channel over single channel offered pretty amazing results.

Triple channel over dual channel offered barely any increase, 5%-10% maybe.

When i get home ill see if i still have the original document i made.

Mercury i found out about 3dmark liking memory and timings last year on 3dmark 06 ( took second place in a contest here that ended up winning me my mushkin ram.... Thanks OCC ) they still havent changed it in the new 3dmark 11 :) if i get board this weekend ill run some benches and start pulling ram out to see how it effects the score. i know we had a little battle a while back to see who could get their ram the highest, ill have to go back and see if i can find it, but i thought we were hitting in the mid 2000mhz range. i think i was getting tighter timings then you while still running 12gb

Mercury i found out about 3dmark liking memory and timings last year on 3dmark 06 ( took second place in a contest here that ended up winning me my mushkin ram.... Thanks OCC ) they still havent changed it in the new 3dmark 11 :) if i get board this weekend ill run some benches and start pulling ram out to see how it effects the score. i know we had a little battle a while back to see who could get their ram the highest, ill have to go back and see if i can find it, but i thought we were hitting in the mid 2000mhz range. i think i was getting tighter timings then you while still running 12gb

Oh i know you did, you mentioned that before. But either way after i posted my results about my memory testing i suddenly didnt have the best CPU score anymore, lol.

Updated my score. All I did was change my memory and set the timings from 9-9-9-24-2T to 9-9-9-24-1T and I gained 102 extra points.

P11834 - El_Capitan - i7 2600k @ 4.8ghz / 2x GTX 570 @ 950/1900/2260 with 16GB memory @ 1600MHz 9-9-9-24-1T

post-70939-13033571365583_thumb.png