3 Gtx465 vs 1 Gtx580

Drunkdrive

Do you think that 3 gtx465 will out beat a single gtx580? im talking about performance here in benchmarks. im planning to spend around 500 dollars on graphic card for my new build. right now evga gtx465 is at 160 dollars each after rebate. so i can get like 3 and still be on budget where i can only get 1 gtx580 for around 500 bucks? any suggestion?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Idk man...the 465 is a turd in everyway, sucks power like a 470, performs worse than a 460....

I'd get a 580 over it in a heartbeat....unless you can unlock all three to 470s...but that's become quite rare

performance wise, on all if not most of the new games coming out, the gtx 465 tri sli will beat the 580. But you can always in the future sli the 580 and be a lot more powerful than the tri sli gtx 465

Edited by ddkshah

2 GTX 470's would be pretty nice also, if you OC them like crazy, but then you would need watercooling. GTX 580 is probably your best choice.

the 470's don't overclock that well. I heard they go mostly up to 750 mhz in an overclock. But the 470 in sli does beat the 580 even when it's overclocked.

performance wise, on all if not most of the new games coming out, the gtx 465 tri sli will beat the 580. But you can always in the future sli the 580 and be a lot more powerful than the tri sli gtx 465

is tri SLI scaling as reliable as dual SLI though?? and certainly not as bulletproof as a single gpu ;)

Tri sli is not well supported and considering others problems (waiting moths for driver patches for mult-gpu setups to work properly with new games) i would not go for it, so the gtx580 is a better choise right now. BUT in 10 days we will know more after the HD69xx benchmarks is released to the masses!

EDIT:

Just saw this if you missed it

http://hardocp.com/article/2010/12/02/geforce_gtx_580_vs_460_1gb_sli/1

i probably would go for that setup if you really cant wait for 10 days

Edited by medbor

Tri sli is not well supported and considering others problems (waiting moths for driver patches for mult-gpu setups to work properly with new games) i would not go for it, so the gtx580 is a better choise right now. BUT in 10 days we will know more after the HD69xx benchmarks is released to the masses!

EDIT:

Just saw this if you missed it

http://hardocp.com/article/2010/12/02/geforce_gtx_580_vs_460_1gb_sli/1

i probably would go for that setup if you really cant wait for 10 days

Tri Sli really blows right? Look again.

And GTX 470's don't OC well? Most go to at least 800, you just need to water cool them and increase the voltage.

looks like most of those games had very little gains from going dual SLI to tri-SLI

30-45 in Metro 2033(highest res). Thats very big for Metro.

65-94 in Battlefield BC2. Big because if you add more AA and whatnot.

101-140 in Dirt 2

103-136 in FC2

170-171 in MW2, obviously not important in that game.

88-114 in Anno 1404

57-71 in Crysis Warhead. Only Gamer settings, so crank it up to Enthusiast.

135-135. Resident Evil. No change there.

Really very little gains in most games? If your going Tri-Sli you won't be playing 1920x1200 or less, 2560x1600 or more is what you will be playing.