• Sapphire HD5870 Vapor-X
    • MSI HD5870 Lightning Edition
    • ASUS EAH5870 V2

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:bah: 3.8ghz would be childs play on the 1055T!! I got a $60 x4 620 to 3.4ghz on a $55 motherboard :bow:

I got a 70 dollar x3 720 to 3.6ghz, with an unlocked 4th core. :bow:

Unfortunately, anything over 3.60ghz requires an obscene amount of voltage. :(

Edited by AddictedGamer93

I got a 70 dollar x3 720 to 3.6ghz, with a fully functional 4th core. :bow:

I've had three x3 720 BE's, and none had a fully functional 4th core, one could overclock to 3.8GHz stable, one could reach 3.7GHz, the other only 3.4GHz.

OK Nyt, your not going to like this :( When I went Tri-fire with my ASUS 5970 and MSI 2GB Eyefinity edition, I threw up in my mouth, lol. I was hoping for some nice gains in the benchmarks, especially Furmark, BUT sadly this was not the case. I can't remember the scores, but it was extremely dissapointing! I have my 5970 in my Xeon W3520 setup, I am going to throw the MSI 2GB 5870 in there and run some benchmarks again. I will post some scores here shortly!

Also, just fyi - The 5970 is 2GB, if you pair it with a 1GB 5870 it will work, but there does seem to be something off with the setup. At first, it would not work, I kept messing with it and did get it working, but I really didn't like the feel of my system, kinda glitchy. I don't have anymore 1GB 5870's on hand, or I would set it back up and explain it more! Was a few months back, so I can't rem exactly why I didn't like it, but I know it was acting wierd!

:bah: 3.8ghz would be childs play on the 1055T!! I got a $60 x4 620 to 3.4ghz on a $55 motherboard :bow:

I hit 4ghz w/o voltages , Im sure I can get it higher with volts.

OK Nyt, your not going to like this :( When I went Tri-fire with my ASUS 5970 and MSI 2GB Eyefinity edition, I threw up in my mouth, lol. I was hoping for some nice gains in the benchmarks, especially Furmark, BUT sadly this was not the case. I can't remember the scores, but it was extremely dissapointing! I have my 5970 in my Xeon W3520 setup, I am going to throw the MSI 2GB 5870 in there and run some benchmarks again. I will post some scores here shortly!

Also, just fyi - The 5970 is 2GB, if you pair it with a 1GB 5870 it will work, but there does seem to be something off with the setup. At first, it would not work, I kept messing with it and did get it working, but I really didn't like the feel of my system, kinda glitchy. I don't have anymore 1GB 5870's on hand, or I would set it back up and explain it more! Was a few months back, so I can't rem exactly why I didn't like it, but I know it was acting wierd!

So tri-fire doesnt work well ? So you tried with a 1gb ? I heard the 2gb's were forced to utilise 1gb . I checked up on the internet and there are some nice benchmarks with 5870 and 5970 . So it gave you problems ? What kind of problems are we talking about ? I'd love to see some benchmarks, were you using the crossfire bridge ?

I hit 4ghz w/o voltages , Im sure I can get it higher with volts.

So tri-fire doesnt work well ? So you tried with a 1gb ? I heard the 2gb's were forced to utilise 1gb . I checked up on the internet and there are some nice benchmarks with 5870 and 5970 . So it gave you problems ? What kind of problems are we talking about ? I'd love to see some benchmarks, were you using the crossfire bridge ?

maybe the scaling has improved since he ran them, atleast I hope so for your sake lol. Let us know and when my CPU settings are all straightened out... I'll dual one of your GPU's :lol:

OK Nyt, your not going to like this :( When I went Tri-fire with my ASUS 5970 and MSI 2GB Eyefinity edition,

Also, just fyi - The 5970 is 2GB, if you pair it with a 1GB 5870 it will work, but there does seem to be something off with the setup.

I just noticed something only now, the 5870 2gb you got was an Eyefinity Edition . Maybe thats why its seemed glitchy . Maybe it likes to be the only card and work like crossfire

BTW the 5970 is two 1gb 5870's so thats why you should pair it with a 1gb 5870.

I also see this article on tri 5870's and show the whole system power consumption is quite low, I should be able to run tri-fire on my psu .

hrmm.... i was gonna use my 850psu for trifire.... but u told me not to go trifire lol and now ur doing it hahah

what gives?? :P

Where did I say that ? I tried to actually dissuade you from the power hungry 480's !!!

Edited by Nyt Ryda