Need help deciding on a 5870

Nyt

Which 5870 ?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which 5870 ?

• Sapphire HD5870 Vapor-X
    • MSI HD5870 Lightning Edition
    • ASUS EAH5870 V2

everyones gunna say this ones better than that one, and that one is better than this one, but im here to say that the sapphire 5870s are the best ones you can get! Plus, sapphire is ATI's number one graphics card manufacturer, that has to count for something,lol. I love ASUS, but they have to just stick to motherboards, lol...Some say that the ASUS cards OC better but thats not entirely true, i have 2x 5870s in crossfire right now and i have each of them at 975mhz cc and 1250 video memory.....not bad at all if you ask me,lol....

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

everyones gunna say this ones better than that one, and that one is better than this one, but im here to say that the sapphire 5870s are the best ones you can get! Plus, sapphire is ATI's number one graphics card manufacturer, that has to count for something,lol. I love ASUS, but they have to just stick to motherboards, lol...Some say that the ASUS cards OC better but thats not entirely true, i have 2x 5870s in crossfire right now and i have each of them at 975mhz cc and 1250 video memory.....not bad at all if you ask me,lol....

My single MSI 5870 Lightning can get to 975mhz and 1375mhz if I wanted to .

ummmm......okay, cool.

LMFAO.....okay?

Sapphire is a great brand, and you are completely entitled to any and all opinions that you may have. You state your clock speeds on your beloved cards, and another forum member states theirs, and your comment is really the above? Yea it's cool that he gets his clock and you get yours! But, how did you get the voltage unlocked on your Sapphire card to get those clocks? BIOS flash? ASUS does not need to stick to mobo's! Everything ASUS makes is pretty freaking solid! The GPU's come with unlocked voltage out of the box, you don't have to screw with them at all to get that feature! The ASUS graphics cards have always been at the top or close in any lineup! So why again should they be sticking to mobo's only? Not that I don't love their mobo's as well as their cards ;)

But, for some reason when it comes to OC, ASUS just gets it right......right out of the box!

but?? CF limitations from the 5970 GPU's?

No , power limitations :lol: . Im getting my 1k psu on Monday .

ummmm......okay, cool.

You said that your Sapphire cards are the best you can get and I just wanted to state that the MSI 5870 beats it and that you should not go around saying something is the best 5870 brand when it isn't .

Edit: ASUS is damn good , one of the best card makers in the industry .

They nearly always make the best cards on the market (ASUS MARS and ASUS ARES)

Edited by Nyt Ryda