Overclocking 1090T to 4.4GHz or higher?

El_Capitan

So the 1090T takes 1.45v to get to 4ghz ? My 1055T does that with stock volts (Maybe Im just lucky) .But Im sure 4.4ghz is achievable since it has an unlocked multiplier . Just dont be afraid of the voltage until the temps get high .

So the 1090T takes 1.45v to get to 4ghz ? My 1055T does that with stock volts (Maybe Im just lucky) .But Im sure 4.4ghz is achievable since it has an unlocked multiplier . Just dont be afraid of the voltage until the temps get high .

I've just never been lucky, I guess. That's why my S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Luck stat is a 3. I've built many a computer, and I've never had a core unlock stable, or a chip that could overclock high with low voltages. Maybe my overclocking skills are just poor. :(

I've just never been lucky, I guess. That's why my S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Luck stat is a 3. I've built many a computer, and I've never had a core unlock stable, or a chip that could overclock high with low voltages. Maybe my overclocking skills are just poor. :(

It's all in the luck of the draw. Maybe you need to look into cherry picking some chips, eh? :whistling:

It's all in the luck of the draw. Maybe you need to look into cherry picking some chips, eh? :whistling:

Lol, nah, I'm okay with what I have. I'm not trying to break records. 4.0GHz with 4-6 cores will last me quite a while.

They don't make as much heat but they have a much lower maximum safe heat. So what if an i7 is running at 85c or even low 90s under harsh load, its still safe. If a Phenom hits 85c for any length of time it is going to fry. Just an observation.

Btw that sounds like an interesting setup. Some pics would be cool.

:withstupid:

My 4870x2 can run 80C all it wants, even at peak times get to 90C and I'm fine with it, that's not even that close to it's max

.....................On a water cooled setup you get the best results when the fans pull air across the radiatior, not push (of course push/pull is a different story). Not sure where exactly you want your noise levels to be, but if it were me, I would make sure to hace 2 fans on the back side of the 2nd rad to make sure I was getting some "pull"

That statement is partly true. Depends on the speed of the fan. Testing has shown that low speed fans produce the best temps when pulling. High speed fans (above 1800 rpm) perform best when pushing.

Both push and pull benefit from the addtion of a shroud. I think 30mm thick shrouds are about the standard.

Don' feel so bad. I have an I7 right now at 4.20GHZ..... My vcore is 1.3500v, my QPI/Dram core is 1.4000v.

I have heard of people that can run there I7 do up to 3.80-4.00 without changing any settings but hey, this is the chip I got. Ill burn it to the ground getting what I want out of it. :evilgrin:

If your temps are good, please by all means keep overvolting it. But if your not comfortable with that, Don't. No ones going to say your Oc'ing skills are lacking because of that. But if you want, go for it. (I would)

Here is the CPU-world spec for you. This may come in handy, PH II 1090T Thuban. BTW. your not out of manufacture safe voltage YET. :thumbsup:

To go 4400 stable around 22c is veeeery tricky, but with big watercoolingsystem, a really think it can work !!

But a very important thing is to cool down the overvoltage Chipset.

I use 3 fans, 1 fan for every chip othervise it crashes.

The memory dont go so hot so i dont use a memcooler.

And am soon at 4800mhz,,,when it get cooler outside :blush:

To go 4400 stable around 22c is veeeery tricky, but with big watercoolingsystem, a really think it can work !!

But a very important thing is to cool down the overvoltage Chipset.

I use 3 fans, 1 fan for every chip othervise it crashes.

The memory dont go so hot so i dont use a memcooler.

And am soon at 4800mhz,,,when it get cooler outside :blush:

Ahh, I kind of had a feeling that's what's keeping me back. I'll try it when my new fans get in.