Corsair PSU still good?

I'm looking to replace my aging Enermax Liberty 500w, it's close to five years old now. What I'm looking at, is a Corsair 650HX to replace it. I remember when Corsair first brought out PSUs, they were made by Seasonic and top-notch. Are they still good? How is the reliability of these units?

That is a good PSU! but as IVIYTH0S was saying unless you are planing some power hungry upgrades it may not be necessary. Only in one case did I ever see a PSU upgrade increase performance and that was because the guy was trying to run a two way GTX 275 SLI with a 350W PSU!! LOL :sick: How it was working I don't know.... was laggy as heck!!

Don't replace a PSU just to replace one, do you need the extra wattage for something??

I'm with IVIYTHOS here, the Enermax is by all accounts a pretty good power supply and with a typical MTBF of 100,000 hours or over 11 years there's still lots of life left in it yet!

If the Corsair HX650W is part of your upgrade plans, and it's a great power supply, then go for it but if you're replacing it just for the sake of it then I'd save the money for now and put it towards your next major upgrade.

I'm with IVIYTHOS here, the Enermax is by all accounts a pretty good power supply and with a typical MTBF of 100,000 hours or over 11 years there's still lots of life left in it yet!

If the Corsair HX650W is part of your upgrade plans, and it's a great power supply, then go for it but if you're replacing it just for the sake of it then I'd save the money for now and put it towards your next major upgrade.

:withstupid:

Enermax's are awesome (despite them usually being quite costly), and if you still want to upgrade, I'll take that old Enermax for a backup PSU for the cost of shipping because I wouldn't pay a dime more for such a "run down", "old" unit :P

I'm looking to replace my aging Enermax Liberty 500w, it's close to five years old now. What I'm looking at, is a Corsair 650HX to replace it. I remember when Corsair first brought out PSUs, they were made by Seasonic and top-notch. Are they still good? How is the reliability of these units?

They are indeed excellent. My HX620 (older model than the HX650) which I have had for several years on my C2D rig has never missed a beat and I have been running it 24x7 for all of that time. I think most corsair PSUs are now made by CWT, but their quality hasn't diminished in anyway that I can see.