Cpu Upgrade

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok thank you everyone for putting up with my noobishness I will buy a new heatsink and oc now

No worries. A couple years down the road, you'll forget all about this... but we won't!

Flyguy2000: El_Capitan, you're wrong, the 24-Core cannot get overclocked to 14.4GHz, that's impossible!

El_Capitan: That's because you're using the stock cooler. Remember the time...

:cheers:

ok thank you everyone for putting up with my noobishness I will buy a new heatsink and oc now

No need to be so hard on yourself! :P

Oh and run HWMonitor alongside of P95!

Reading back, we're the noobs for not seeing you were on the stock cooler :pfp:

umm i hate to go against these guys but no.. stock cooler wont make it crash.. i ran mine higher than 3.45 with a stock cooler.. didnt run that hot.. sat around 55degs? yes it is higher than what it would be with a decent cooler ( 46deg max on my 4ghz 1055t using coolermaster hiper 212+)

but it shouldnt crash.. shouldnt get hot enough to crash at all.. BUT IT IS DEFINATELY RECOMMENDED

umm i hate to go against these guys but no.. stock cooler wont make it crash.. i ran mine higher than 3.45 with a stock cooler.. didnt run that hot.. sat around 55degs? yes it is higher than what it would be with a decent cooler ( 46deg max on my 4ghz 1055t using coolermaster hiper 212+)

but it shouldnt crash.. shouldnt get hot enough to crash at all.. BUT IT IS DEFINATELY RECOMMENDED

but if he's raising voltages and stuff than the temps will rise :rolleyes:

yer i know but mine didnt crash.. n it didnt run that hot.. i just built my mrs a system and ill see how far i can oc that with stock cooling... but my 945 ran 3.45 without any problems at all on the stock fan.. didnt even need to raise voltages... :-S

yer i know but mine didnt crash.. n it didnt run that hot.. i just built my mrs a system and ill see how far i can oc that with stock cooling... but my 945 ran 3.45 without any problems at all on the stock fan.. didnt even need to raise voltages... :-S

The Phenom II X3 720 BE's I had could overclock to 3.2 GHz on stock voltage with the stock cooler and it would be fine for temps. I could even bump up the voltages by a small bit to make it to 3.4 GHz and temps wouldn't go up past 60C (limit was 73C). However, once you start getting up to the 3.6 GHz and 3.7 GHz, you need a good bit of higher voltages and an after-market cooler is definitely necessary.