Minecraft

Flibo

I probably ought to say this earlier, but minecarts (AND tracks) bug in multiplayer and crash the server. You might need a plugin to disable them. Also going too far from the spawn will crash the server.

That's probably what happened then. I set the available RAM high enough that venturing far from the server shouldn't kill it though.

That won't help if my IP changes though - it relies on me having a static IP doesn't it?

No, it's for home networks that usually have dynamic IP addresses. What it does is keeps a hostname for you, (i.e., occ.minecraft.dyndns.org) and when your IP address gets updated and changed, it tracks that change and updates it to your host name automatically. That way you never have to keep giving out your changed IP address.

No, it's for home networks that usually have dynamic IP addresses. What it does is keeps a hostname for you, (i.e., occ.minecraft.dyndns.org) and when your IP address gets updated and changed, it tracks that change and updates it to your host name automatically. That way you never have to keep giving out your changed IP address.

Huh, that's nifty. I wonder how it figures out that the IP has changed - do you need to run some kind of application on the host to let the DNS servers know the IP has changed?

Huh, that's nifty. I wonder how it figures out that the IP has changed - do you need to run some kind of application on the host to let the DNS servers know the IP has changed?

You don't, but I have an app on one of my computers that lets me configure everything from there, and lets me know when my IP has changed and that the DNS servers had updated it.