Mushkin 3dmark Contest Comments Thread

Bosco

Finally bought a HD video camera, youtube seems to have ruined the quality though....

Hehe, that is so awesome! so, uh...what'd ya get? And how high were you able to clock the cpu?

EDIT: Nevermind, checked the score thread. That is effing sick. Something tells me my little corsair H50 is tapped out man. Great stuff. :thumbsup:

Edited by Lhiannon

Hehe, that is so awesome! so, uh...what'd ya get? And how high were you able to clock the cpu?

EDIT: Nevermind, checked the score thread. That is effing sick. Something tells me my little corsair H50 is tapped out man. Great stuff. :thumbsup:

I think I can get a little more out of it if I take time to do it, just got tired of messing with it this evening and the noise, wanted to sit down and watch TV and get on the quiet PC...

I don't think that people using 10.8 drivers should be punished for doing so. If futuremark is slow approving the drivers thats not the members fault so I will consider those valid.

If people are using a version of 3dmark prior to 1.2 because they can't get it to validate I would consider those valid entries as well.

Just thought I would share this, since the competition is heating up. Since the i7's have such a high heat output this may help a little if you have never tried this or are stuck because of a thermal max.

I'm sure most are aware that by disabling the HTing you can OC higher with less heat and voltage but you do take a hit in CPU performance.

I ran 3DMark06 with the same exact voltages at 4.2 Ghz W/HT and 4.32 Ghz W/O HT to see the outcome.

4.2 Ghz W/HT score: 25475 max temp: 57c

4.32 Ghz W/O HT score: 25583 max temp: 53c

So, if anyone is stuck because of heat you may want to give it a try, might push your score a little higher (top 20 is getting tight).

post-65878-12838177211084_thumb.jpg

post-65878-12838177368349_thumb.jpg

I don't think that people using 10.8 drivers should be punished for doing so. If futuremark is slow approving the drivers thats not the members fault so I will consider those valid.

If people are using a version of 3dmark prior to 1.2 because they can't get it to validate I would consider those valid entries as well.

Aw man with all those invalid entries i was still in the top 30 now I can kiss that goodbye.

I need to get me an i7, 2 5970's and some LN2.

Edited by slick2500

So, on a whim I decided to put my ~$300 laptop through a 3DMark06 session just to see how well it would fare considering it does a decent job playing one of my PS2 games. It got an unbelievable 1684 3DMarks, putting it in the running for worst result on here (hence why its just in the comments thread).

That thing is so rigged against laptops its not funny!

So, on a whim I decided to put my ~$300 laptop through a 3DMark06 session just to see how well it would fare considering it does a decent job playing one of my PS2 games. It got an unbelievable 1684 3DMarks, putting it in the running for worst result on here (hence why its just in the comments thread).

That thing is so rigged against laptops its not funny!

Its not rigged against laptops.....its just CPU limited. So with the slow bus speeds of most laptops they are going to get terrible scores.

I understand your point about drivers, but you really can't accept different versions, as scoring is different.

I understand your point about drivers, but you really can't accept different versions, as scoring is different.

Well I tested both versions and scored within a 150 points on 6 runs. So if someone can show me scores that are more different then that I don't see that much of a difference. However changes could be more impressive on midrange stuff I dunno so like I said if someone is willing to test it and show me the scores I would like to see it.