Voltage Reports

InvaderTrax

Whenever I use WCUPID or CPU-Z, it reports my voltage as 1.67 when I have it set to 1.7, and 1.63 when it's set to 1.65. Does that mean there's just a software error, or are my voltages lower than they're set?

some boards over/under volt. my asus a7n8x always overvolted but i just got a new abit nf7-s and it doesnt d oeither 1.7 is 1.7. now the vcore will always move around some under system load but if its juming around alot then your psu is probally the problem.

i would go by what ever is displayed in the bios, when you run sandra tests, sometimes it has the mhz of the fsb of by 2 or 3, even when if you do the match, it isnt displaying it properly, the BIOs will always have the last word, and ya voltages do flux.

Mine do too, but so does the clock speed.... what the heck?

Clock speed would fluctuate from having the spread spectrum enabled. It's supposed to reduce EMI (electro-magnetic interference, for those who were about to ask). Generally, you should turn it off, especially if you're overclocking. A spread spectrum of say +/-.25% translates in to +/-25 MHz fluctuatiuon per GHz. It can be a HUGE hinderance to stability for this reason, and isn't usually necessary for EMI.

My BIOS even says 1.63 (when set to 1.65). Either it's undervolting (which, since it's stable, I would count as a good thing... longer CPU life) or the Asus Probe is just inaccurate (also believable)

Edited by InvaderTrax