2010 FIFA World Cup winner?

Nyt

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

T'is a good day this one... I smell victory... Ahhh yes, that is a good smell in the morning! :D

k2ztpg9h8cHx1R21rGaMM1.jpg

Are you going to watch it at "Public Viewing"? :lol:

We come in our white jerseys to the leichenanschau, I love the fail of Germans and the English language :lol:

The Germans will be hard pressed to see anything but Spanish possession!

a930_1.jpg

Im excited to see a good match.

Completing the one touch passes will put Spain past Germany I think, Germany has a very quick squad but without the ball....

¡¡¡VIVA LA ROJA!!!

Not quite. I'm also a certified ref... First off, when its just a guy's leg thats in an offsides position, its entirely discretionary on the part of the Assistant Ref whether or not to call for play to be stopped. In my own opinion its against the spirit of the game to call offsides if someone's leg or foot or finger or ponytail or whatever is in an offsides position, whereas the rest of him is level with the second to last defender. This was one of those cases- most of his body was level with the second to last defender, but his foot was poking out. Secondly, the ball was very clearly deflected off a defender towards him... this is again touchy but the argument can be made that he was not involved in the play when the ball was "played by one of his team." Those are the exact words of Law 11, that one can only be penalised if the ball is played by one of his team, and he is interfering with play. Like I said... touchy, and so so so so so close.

Well, when the ball was played, his leg was offside - arguably this is a bit more substantial than a shirt or ponytail!

He gained an advantage (which you can see as he was leaning back and stepping on to that leg, but his leg was offside nonetheless) by being in the position he was in and got in the way of the goalkeeper as a result.

The deflection was obviously not "deliberately played" and would still deem him offside as a result. If the defender clearly played the ball, you would indeed be correct - on-side situation. But the defender was attempting to stop the shot and it skimmed the inside of his leg while he attempted to block - never deliberately played :) Was it an own-goal? No - the deflection was not significant enough to class the goal as such - the Dutch player was awarded the goal, so again, it couldn't have been played by the defender.

But a leg is the main tool for a footballer :) Therefore, he was technically offside!

Not that it bothers me in the slightest - and no referee would be able to make that decision in seconds within a game, so it's a moot point really.

The Netherlands and Spain are looking damn good this year too, and I've lost faith in England after yesterday's shameful display.

Curse me and my filthy mouth, and also curse the octopus. My two least favorite teams are in the final ... damn it.

Are you going to watch it at "Public Viewing"? :lol:

We come in our white jerseys to the leichenanschau, I love the fail of Germans and the English language :lol:

WRONG!!!!

I hope the Dutch get crushed in the Final against Spain! Spain pretty much well dominated the whole game and there was a lot of missed opportunities but finally were able to get a cabezon in! Good to see a team in the Final that hasn't won a World Cup yet.

Well Germany did it too themselves... I have no idea why they decided to play defensive throughout the game.. Their passing was not at all good..

Go Oranje!!!!!!!!!!!!!