2010 FIFA World Cup winner?

Nyt

Well I guess the Netherlands are going to the finals. In my opinion I don't think they deserve to be in the finals and that they have gotten lucky up to this point. Well, we'll see who advances with them between Germany and Spain.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No, it was a very clear-cut case of offsides for sure. The guy who was in the offsides position attempted to play the ball, and was involved in the play by being where he was. Defenders were marking him, the ball almost touched him, and he wasnt making an effort to remove himself from the play. Once he attempted to play the ball is when play stopped, anything after that doesnt matter at all. Tough break for Paraguay, but it was an easy and correct offsides call. That said... Germany will wreck house over Spain, I'm predicting 3-1 Germany.

OK, so since you're the offside expert :P what do you think of the second Dutch goal today? It seems it's just about the same situation as in the Spain - Paraguay match. Nevertheless, all eyes are on Germany and Spain tomorrow to decide who goes through to fight the Netherlands in the 2010 Final. BTW, the Octopus predicted Spain would win tomorrow's game!

OK, so since you're the offside expert :P what do you think of the second Dutch goal today? It seems it's just about the same situation as in the Spain - Paraguay match. Nevertheless, all eyes are on Germany and Spain tomorrow to decide who goes through to fight the Netherlands in the 2010 Final. BTW, the Octopus predicted Spain would win tomorrow's game!

The 2nd goal was not offside.. if Van persie came in front of the ball than yes...

saywhut: What do you mean Dutch did not deserve to be here at this point? No luck at all..

The 2nd goal was not offside.. if Van persie came in front of the ball than yes...

Someone better give you a flag and a FIFA membership because you have just the inconsistency required of ridiculous refs. You can go hang out with the Mali guy, you guys would get along great. :rofl:

saywhut: What do you mean Dutch did not deserve to be here at this point? No luck at all..

I'm an English FA qualified referee. The second Dutch goal was definitely offside, because the player had a trailing leg behind the last defender, and even though he didn't touch the ball, he was in a position whereby the striker interfered with play. By being there, he interfered with play by distracting the goal keeper, despite the fact the striker failed to hit the ball. Had he not been stood in that exact spot and to the side of the goalkeeper, the goal would be 100% legitimate, whether or not the trailing leg was present - it's all about interfering with play.

Well I guess the Netherlands are going to the finals. In my opinion I don't think they deserve to be in the finals and that they have gotten lucky up to this point. Well, we'll see who advances with them between Germany and Spain.

They do look a bit nervous (like Spain in the last round), but now they are in the final, I think they might loosen up a little :)

I guess a Germany v Holland final.

I'm an English FA qualified referee. The second Dutch goal was definitely offside, because the player had a trailing leg behind the last defender, and even though he didn't touch the ball, he was in a position whereby the striker interfered with play. By being there, he interfered with play by distracting the goal keeper, despite the fact the striker failed to hit the ball. Had he not been stood in that exact spot and to the side of the goalkeeper, the goal would be 100% legitimate, whether or not the trailing leg was present - it's all about interfering with play.

This is indeed correct. stupid.gif

This is indeed correct. stupid.gif

Not quite. I'm also a certified ref... First off, when its just a guy's leg thats in an offsides position, its entirely discretionary on the part of the Assistant Ref whether or not to call for play to be stopped. In my own opinion its against the spirit of the game to call offsides if someone's leg or foot or finger or ponytail or whatever is in an offsides position, whereas the rest of him is level with the second to last defender. This was one of those cases- most of his body was level with the second to last defender, but his foot was poking out. Secondly, the ball was very clearly deflected off a defender towards him... this is again touchy but the argument can be made that he was not involved in the play when the ball was "played by one of his team." Those are the exact words of Law 11, that one can only be penalised if the ball is played by one of his team, and he is interfering with play. Like I said... touchy, and so so so so so close.

I just feel that the whole road or for the most part has been luck for them. They have had a lot of lucky goals (like Brasil's auto goal which was intended to be a pass) and the second goal of today's game was offside and apart from that, they had an easy group to start off with. But then it might just be me. I would be surprised is Spain beats Germany.

I just feel that the whole road or for the most part has been luck for them. They have had a lot of lucky goals (like Brasil's auto goal which was intended to be a pass) and the second goal of today's game was offside and apart from that, they had an easy group to start off with. But then it might just be me. I would be surprised is Spain beats Germany.

Brazil's auto goal? It was Melo's fault that Dutch got the goal and not by luck.. and today's second goal was not offside..

There is a reason why soccer doesn't have "challenges, play reviews". Its .ing retarded if they did it if you ask me, totally destroys the flow of a game. Lets just start throwing flags on the field and start challenging things when they are obvious -_-.

The game is over, the Netherlands won and are in the Final and there is nothing we can change about that.

Brazil's auto goal? It was Melo's fault that Dutch got the goal and not by luck.. and today's second goal was not offside..

He threw a "centro" (sorry I just happen to say stuff in Spanish when it comes to futbol) and it just so happened to slip right in. It was not an intended shot or anything. We can argue all day about if it was offside or not but I think it was but the Ref says different and that's what matters in the end.

There is a reason why soccer doesn't have "challenges, play reviews". Its .ing retarded if they did it if you ask me, totally destroys the flow of a game. Lets just start throwing flags on the field and start challenging things when they are obvious -_-.

The game is over, the Netherlands won and are in the Final and there is nothing we can change about that.

I agree with you but some definitely needs to happen or change. They need to come up with a new system that will allow to override the ref if they mark wrong calls.

But nonetheless, the Dutch advance and await their challenge in the Final.