2010 FIFA World Cup winner?

Nyt

They played spectacularly and just thoroughly thrashed Argentina with a devastating 4-0!! What an exit for Maradona and his crew, as the Germans are looking to take the trophy. We'll see what Spain and Holland have to say about that though.

Yeah Argentina got pummeled :(. You mean Spain and Paraguay next?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah Argentina got pummeled :(. You mean Spain and Paraguay next?

Haha no, I'm assuming Spain will go through and Holland will beat Uruguay for a Holland - Germany final. :teehee: But that's getting way ahead of the game as anything can still happen. :thumbsup:

Now I think Germany has what it takes to be champions , I was skeptical when they lost against Serbia but now they proved themselves.

Epic game that one, I did not expect that! However, Müller got a second yellow, so he's out for the semi-final game... Trochowski or Cacau will have to take his position... But I'm stocked! :teehee:

Muller should not have gotten the yellow.. it was accidental... The argentine player intentionally did the hand ball and did not get a yellow..

I think if a team had a good offense would have given Argentina a hard time earlier on.. why.. Diego chose too many offensive players.. I wonder if he remembers his own statements..

1) He criticized Dunga for not having a good team and not being tested and guess what happened to him..

2) Any remember the exhibition match.. between Germany and Argentina ? Diego did not want to share a press conference with Muller.. He considered Muller to be a ball boy.. Guess what he scored on Argentina

3) He mentioned that captain of Germany was nervous.. eh yeah right..

The Germans were incredible today! That was the best game of the tournament. The commentators were so funny talking about what Maradona said about Müller and then Müller getting the first goal. It sucks that he got a yellow that he didn't deserve and will miss the next game. I can't wait for Germany to play Spain now for a rematch of the 2008 Eurocup final. I'm still cheering for the Germans all the way for this cup.

As for the Ghana and Uruguay match, that was crap! I was so mad that Ghana did not get that penalty kick in the stoppage time in OT. I really would have liked to see one African team make it to the final, or at least the semifinals.

The Germans were incredible today! That was the best game of the tournament ... It sucks that he got a yellow that he didn't deserve and will miss the next game. I can't wait for Germany to play Spain now for a rematch of the 2008 Eurocup final. I'm still cheering for the Germans all the way for this cup.

As for the Ghana and Uruguay match, that was crap! I was so mad that Ghana did not get that penalty kick in the stoppage time in OT. I really would have liked to see one African team make it to the final, or at least the semifinals.

I was pretty sure that there'd be a yellow card amnesty in effect after the quarterfinals so Müller should be getting in on the semifinal madness. Definitely want them to crush Spain after the robbery they committed today, as it feels they stole that match. I'm also very upset with Ghana for missing that penalty that could've sent Uruguay home too. I was seriously vuvuzelaing all over the place after that first goal, and they totally had that game handed to them in the last minute of overtime. Alas, they just didn't have the composure to take Uruguay down in the last minute, or at least to stick it through the penalties.

Definitely want them to crush Spain after the robbery they committed today, as it feels they stole that match. I'm also very upset with Ghana for missing that penalty that could've sent Uruguay home too. I was seriously vuvuzelaing all over the place after that first goal, and they totally had that game handed to them in the last minute of overtime. Alas, they just didn't have the composure to take Uruguay down in the last minute, or at least to stick it through the penalties.

How did Spain steal this match?? Paraguay was fully playing defensive.. Yes they tried to score here and there..

Casillas bloked the penalty because the pk taker gave it away by his eyes.. I knew here it was going before he kicked it..

The pk for spain was correct call..the guy who fouled should have gotten a red card..

On the second retake for spain.. the goalkeeper should have also been sent off for taking down Fabregas..

So I do not see how Spain stole the game??

Phillip Lahm does not know the word nervous :lol:

I meant to say SCHWEINSTEIGER :) because it was him and maradona making the comments... Maradona said they would come out attacking.. yeah they attacked alright..

How did Spain steal this match?? Paraguay was fully playing defensive.. Yes they tried to score here and there..

Casillas bloked the penalty because the pk taker gave it away by his eyes.. I knew here it was going before he kicked it..

The pk for spain was correct call..the guy who fouled should have gotten a red card..

On the second retake for spain.. the goalkeeper should have also been sent off for taking down Fabregas..

So I do not see how Spain stole the game??

Let's not even get started with the penalties. The Paraguayans' PK should've been retaken as well as the Spanish players were all up in the box prior to the kick. Yes Fabregas was taken down and it should've been yet another PK on that one, but I don't think that Villa was fouled enough to give away a red or even the PK to begin with, as he dove plain and simple. If anyone should've gotten the red it was Pique for not even trying to play off that massive grabbing action of his. Spain started its theft in the first half with the help of the refs, when that goal scored from an onside position was disallowed for no reason. I'm not a Paraguay supporter at all, I only support the team that plays best, and Spain continued to play dirty as it has been. They did earn their one goal, but the story would've been very different had the first goal counted in favor of Paraguay or if Pique had been rightfully sent out. I hope the Germans thrash Spain thoroughly in the semis as there is no room for that kind of filthy play in the finals.

Germany vs. Argentina, great game and fun to watch(Although we did get rain here in Germany so we had to move inside :D)

Spain vs. Paragauy, terrible game and they should both be out for the horrendous performance. Passes missed almost everytime from both teams and then the penalty shots and that terrible call that kept the game at 0-0. Really was a waste of time to watch until the last 10 or so minutes since some action happened then and passes seemed to not go to the other team as much. Also, Spain did the same thing down the right side at least 5 times in that game and Paraguay never coverd that guy, fail.

Go Germany!!! :)