Gamespot Sucks Now?

InCrYsIs

I used to go to Gamspot exclusively for game reviews and news. Now I can't stand it. Reviews come late. Doesn''t get updated as frequently. Just all around lame. I primarily use IGN now and Game Informer magazine now. Anyone notice this?

I still prefer Gamespot for game information, like previews and screens, game guides, etc.

For news, I'll look at Gamespot and Kotaku.

As for reviews, if it's a game I'm really interested in, I'd most likely read reviews from multiple sites, so it doesn't bother me if one site is behind another.

NVM, confused gamespot with gamestop :mfp:

Just wrote up a rant about hating gamestop then realized it wasn't applicable at all.

I was about to use that same smilee on you, but apparently in between me reading your response and clicking reply, you beat me to it ;):lol:

I used to exclusively get my game information from Game Informer. They always had the information wayyyyy before everyone else (like I remember that they had the very first review of Left 4 Dead EVER and they were playing on the beta characters and all that good ..)

Ya know, I was just thinking about what you said in regards to reviews coming late - I'm not sure that's really a fair assessment.

Take the latest "big name" game, Red Dead Redemption. The review for that game came out on GameSpot yesterday, one day after some other sites, however, you have to consider that they put together a video review as well as a written review, which are always released simultaneously. Do any other sites do this? So personally, I think an "extra day" to publish it is certainly acceptable.