Six Core AMD reviewed

Bosco

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They really need to run better comparisons.

1. i7 980x @ 4.1 GHz

2. i7 980x w/HT @ 4.1 GHz

3. i7 930 @ 4.1 GHz

4. i7 930 w/HT @4.1 GHz

5. 1090T @ 4.1 GHz

6. i7 980x @ 4.6 GHz

7. i7 980x w/HT @ 4.4 GHz

1. Find the performance at the same frequencies. Does it perform better at multi-threading tasks than the i7 930 without Hyper-threading? What about with Hyper-threading?

2. Does it perform better than the i7 980x without Hyper-threading? What about with Hyper-threading?

3. How much better can the i7 980x perform at top speeds?

What I want to know is how it compares to the i7 930 with Hyper-threading at 4.1 GHz.

Unless I looked at the wrong charts no two runs were even run at the same clocks. What type of comparison is that?

i7 930 beat it at lower clock speed in 6 out of 8 tests.... Epic fail in my book. Amd needs new architecture to make an impact.

Edited by Drdeath

I use my cpu's for video encoding, compression and heavy gaming.. this might as well of not even come out to users like me.

i don't see why you would want/need a 6core if you didn't want it for those purposes, to me they tried to hit a market area, but could of just used a re-structure instead of adding more cores to a already downhill CPU battle

You guys are so negative. I think this looks like a real winner for AMD and us. A $300 6 core CPU that will work on new chipsets and older ones. Gives a nice upgrade path for many and let's many systems last a lot longer with an affordable upgrade. I know I'll be doing a couple of builds with this CPU soon, especially if these hit 4Ghz consistently on air.