1. 1. Do You Belive In God?

• yes
    • no
    • not telling

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm I dont remember the doom mod but I remember the even earlier mod of Wolfenstein 3d.... is that what you were refering to???

my bro d/l it and it like used to always crash on us...

wow that was a long time ago....

could be, but not sure, they had the barney mod and i had 10 floppies full of different mods, (i might have them still).

hmmm I dont remember the doom mod but I remember the even earlier mod of Wolfenstein 3d.... is that what you were refering to???

could be, but not sure, they had the barney mod and i had 10 floppies full of different mods, (i might have them still).

Barney Doom Mod IN Do You belive in God.???????????????????????

Did I miss something. :huh::huh::unsure::huh:

Barney Doom Mod IN Do You belive in God.???????????????????????

Did I miss something. :huh::huh::unsure::huh:

Ya no doubt :lol:

As I see it, God doesn't disprove science and science doesn't disprove God. If God created the world, than he created science. Why would he create something and then not follow the rules? Science is what we know (or believe) to be true. What it is that causes it to be true is up to your belief. I don't think we will ever "prove" that God does or does not exist. And that's not a bad thing.

And let's not confuse Faith with Religion. Religion is an organization made by man and is therefore subject to corruption. Religion is why we have fanatisism and the Crusades and Jihad. I don't believe any hate has come from someones faith.

Last, I don't believe fear should be your reason for faith. If you believe in God soley because you don't want to burn in hell, how is that praising God? I would hate to think that someone who believes in God but is hatefull and mean would go to heaven because he said "i'm sorry". While a person who loves and does good but doesn't believe it God burns in hell. What kind of God would do this? Not one that I would want to spend eternity with. If your faith or lack there of brings you to a better life, than I think you're correct in your belief.

I wanted to save this to the end to avoid any prejudice about my opinions based on my beliefs. I voted NO, I don't believe in God. I spent over the first 20 years as a catholic christian. I even went to a high school seminary (Go HN!) I didn't change my mind because of any traumatic event that made me deny God. I just came to the realization that I believed because that's what I was told and that's what a good person is suppose to do. After a while that wasn't enough for me. I needed to believe for myself. I came to find that I didn't believe. And it wasn't because it was the easy way. There is no easy way. Whether you believe or not, it's a tough life. Don't make it tougher on people by hating them.

Sorry for rambling so long.

One more thing. I'm not trying to start any flames here, but I feel there was an incorrect statement made earlier. Someone (I don't want to search throught the pages of this thread for it again) stated that if evolution happened, why don't we see it today. Well, we do. But take into account that according to evolution theory (and yes it is a theory, not fact) it takes millions of years for evolution to happen. It's a very slow process so you can't look at a cat today and a cat yesterday and expect to see a difference. Yet, there are smaller evolutionary evidences. For one, take bacteria. They are constantly changing and becoming imune to our drugs. That's evolution. Our drugs and chemicals are able to kill most, but there are a few that are imune and they survive and breed more bacteria that are now imune. Then we have to find new chemicals and drugs to kill those.

And there are human evidences as well. I remember hearing about a study that found that people who are descended from people who lived in europe during the black plague are more imune to AIDS. The black plague killed many. The ones that survived had something different about their bodies that allowed them to survive and that difference lives on.

• 3 weeks later...

I voted no, but actauly i think I'm god. or perhaps i played b&w to much. it gets to you after a while.

I don't beleive in a god. I believe in sceince, but I will respect most religions as long as they are human. I don't care what other believe. if i'm in an other country you have to follow there rules, but the people in that country should respect any religion in a resonable way. how could anybody hate someone for thier religion. it absolutly crazy. I have known many people from who i knew they were muslim or jewish, but there isn't any difference about them. I lived in texas for a while, and i think it's worce that there are people who will not learn english like everyone else. i have less simpathy for them. but religion doesn't matter at all. get that in your heads all you dumb racists!

as long as i have my computer i'm in heaven