1. 1. Do You Belive In God?

• yes
    • no
    • not telling

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God and religion is for weak minded people who can't possibly accept that they are in control of their own life...

Religion is what people believe in! I don't have one but I still believe in it, does that make me weak I don't think so. What you said was predjudice and I will not tolerate out right comments like that! Consider your self warned!!!! :angry:

ya, i agree with bosco, if you don't belive in God then that is your disision, it doesn't make you any worse of a person, i feel because i believe in God doesn't make ma a bad person, or weakminded. I feel it is just a level of your own needs and desires. I want to feel that when i die, it is just not over. I don't think i die, that is it, nothing, blackness, etc. I am glad you all are happy the way you are, so am i .

here i was thinkin. if no one belived is something in the begining of man kind. would we rely be this far. im not saying he exists but the fact that some people belive in it sort of makes the world tick if you know what i mean.

I really cant say about the begginning of man kind, but my quick answer would be yes... they'd probly still of gotten this far... things would be different in how we evolved because of the effects of the church 100's or years ago, and scientifically back then they'd of gotten farther quicker w/ out the church telling them they couldn't do certain things or believe certain idea's w/ out being excommunicated or killed or whatever happened... dont think too many were killed.... but ya...

if there were no church in present day, who knows how far we'd be scientifically... cloning, stem cell research etc... the church is really all that's holding us back...

here i was thinkin. if no one belived is something in the begining of man kind. would we rely be this far. im not saying he exists but the fact that some people belive in it sort of makes the world tick if you know what i mean.

bingo that is what i think too

okay, I skipped the last six pages of this thread because... well, I've argued this a million times and pretty much know what everyone is going to say.

First off, I voted yes because I do believe in God.

Another thing, I think it's wrong the way that computerfreakxy was talking about other people. I hold an office in the priesthood of a Christian denomination, and we practice tolerance and understanding as opposed to hellfire and brimstone-convert or burn persuasions.

So, since you guys pretty much argued without ever 'proving' whether or not the big band happened or whether or not God exists, I thought I would share a testimony with you that shows you one of the reasons I believe in God.

I was on my way to a choral concert for one of my groups in high school. I was driving along with one of my friends and we came to a stop sign. It was a 2-way, but for whatever reason I pulled on through. I must not have seen the Caprice Classis going 55 (the speed limit) and I got T-boned in my little 92 Chevy Corsica. My car flipped entirely upside down.

You know what happened to me? I didn't end up with a broken arm or a punctured lung or anything. I had a broken rear molar and some bruises. I never blacked out or anything, but I'm not entirely sure of this because I don't remember a darn thing about it. This is all witness accounts.

My friend was alright and so was the lady that hit me.

Sure, my seat belt helped me out a lot, but I don't think that the seat belt was the acting force in what saved me.

And to the "See it before I believe it,"

http://eriflleh.tripod.com

I'm sure this thread is getting so old now that people have stopped reading it, but if you do read it, go ahead and check it out. It's under the Monday, December 20 news post (that's from 1999).

I've got many other testimonies in my life, so if you want to chat about them sometime (or just keep this thread going) my AIM is basspunkout.

Peace

cool i would mayby consider an out side force contributing to your survival mayby if you werent wearing you seat belt and lived. theyre desighned to keep you alive. yet again if i don't see it i don't belive in it. i look at beleving in some thing that you can't see is a waste of time. no offence yos. B)

I dont wanna seem like a bad guy goin around sayin I dont believe in god or anything, and I dont think of anyone less than they really are if they do... I mean thats cool if ya believe in somethin, thats just what ya believe in... everyone has their own experiences which contribute to believing or not believing in something...

but then again there's ppl on both sides who are dead set to push their belief on others and say they are right, you're wrong... really I feel like no one is wrong, because we just really don't know no matter how much evidence is provided... I feel if someone's a good person that's all that matters, and that it's kinda wrong to push a belief on someone forcefully like some do... don't get me wrong, Im not refering to anyone in particular here even if someone has... I know everything here is for discussions sake...