HD4890 or HD5770

HutzDutz

Well, hello everybody. I have a HD 4850 Dual Slot 512mb, and I was thinking about upgrading. I was sure about getting a 5770, but I read some sites where it states that a 4890 is much better than it, so I dunno which one to get :blink: So, which one you guys think it's a better deal? Would I losse too much performance if I get the 5770 over the 4890? Oh, I play at 1600x900(20' wide screen)

4890 -> Raw performance

5770-> Features, temps and power consumption.

At that resolution the 5770 may not provide smooth play at some games in the highest settings but personally I would choose it instead of the 4890. Your call.

The 5770 is costing $295 and the 4890 is about $344 where I live. That put aside, the difference in gaming would be too brutal? Some sites say the 4890 is waaaaay better than the 5770, others say the difference is too small to bother. I know it's pretty much my call, but just to know that if I pick one or the other, would it be like trading 100 for 10, or more like 100 for 90.

The 5770 is costing $295 and the 4890 is about $344 where I live. That put aside, the difference in gaming would be too brutal? Some sites say the 4890 is waaaaay better than the 5770, others say the difference is too small to bother. I know it's pretty much my call, but just to know that if I pick one or the other, would it be like trading 100 for 10, or more like 100 for 90.

the 4890 has more high resolution ummph but for your resolution the 5770 is an excellent choice. The 5770s are supposed to OC like demons too!!

Where are you from btw??

the 4890 has more high resolution ummph but for your resolution the 5770 is an excellent choice. The 5770s are supposed to OC like demons too!!

Where are you from btw??

:withstupid:

I hear the 5770's do well here too. My buddy has got his 1st video card since 2006 and it was the XFX 5770. He has been putting it through some stuff and it fares well. As here in my household I got 3 machines with 4800 series cards in them and they all still have alot of "STOMP" left in them. My wife's 5850 got a little fuzz on it's nads too but... well... Look at it this way, If you're going to Windows 7 and you're looking to utilize the future power of DX11, go with the 5770 for sure. If not, you're still using XP or Vista and don't really care about that for a while, go with the 4890. It's a solid performing card as well.

I live in Brazil. That explains the salty prices :rolleyes:

I use Windows 7 o/

I was reading some benchmarks but they didn't helped a lot. In some of them the 5770 is way below the 4890, and on others it's pretty close. Damn, what a hard choice :blink: when I bought the 4850, it was much easier to choose lol

I live in Brazil. That explains the salty prices :rolleyes:

I use Windows 7 o/

I was reading some benchmarks but they didn't helped a lot. In some of them the 5770 is way below the 4890, and on others it's pretty close. Damn, what a hard choice :blink: when I bought the 4850, it was much easier to choose lol

they're plenty close, especially with how much OC'n headroom the 5770 often has.

they're plenty close, especially with how much OC'n headroom the 5770 often has.

The 5770 isn't quite as good as a 4890 (I recently upgraded from a Sapphire vapor-x 4890) but a 5770 is better than a 4850 and most (especially the non reference designs) have amazing overclockability) and x-fire is a great option as they take a lot less power, are quiet and have dx-11. Recommend you get decent non reference 5770 design, overclock it, and get second one later and x-fire.