Looks like healthcare is a go.

InCrYsIs

If racism had anything to do with it McCain would be your president right now and we wouldn't be debating this issue right now. Obama either needs to get a new agenda or make a bill that doesn't violate your constitutional rights. Preferably the latter but I doubt we'd ever see a decent bill out of either party.

again, the right isn't the majority, so i'm basically punching logic sized hole in your argument

and everyone of you that keep saying that this is going to destroy America. This law is very, very similar to the one Mitt Romney(a republican) proposed for Massachusetts, I guess it's only good enough for one state

Edited by CowKing

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

again, the right isn't the majority, so i'm basically punching logic sized hole in your argument

and everyone of you that keep saying that this is going to destroy America. This law is very, very similar to the one Mitt Romney(a republican) proposed for Massachusetts, I guess it's only good enough for one state

Really...

Then why did Massachusetts cut 30,000 legal immigrants from healthcare to cover a deficit???

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/15/us/15insure.html?_r=1

Right there is proof it does not work and the deficit will only increase.

I for one do not want to be forced into purchasing healthcare or have to face a tax penelty because I don't want to have to buy it. Its amazing you don't even care that the government is forcing you to do something.

Edited by Compxpert

I for one do not want to be forced into purchasing healthcare or have to face a tax penelty because I don't want to have to buy it. Its amazing you don't even care that the government is forcing you to do something.

Why not? You're already required to buy car insurance, so I see no reason why you shouldn't be required to buy health insurance. It doesn't make sense to have to insure a big piece of metal and not your own life.

Edited by UkJenT

Why not? You're already required to buy car insurance, so I see no reason why you shouldn't be required to buy health insurance. It doesn't make sense to have to insure a big piece of metal and not your own life.

part of car insurance makes sure you can pay for other peoples property if you get into an accident.

Because with your car you're liable if you get into an accident that's what that should be required. You're liable for your own health and if you don't want or need coverage for it why should you have to have it. Right now I don't go see a doctor often enough to even warrant having health insurance... in fact it would be more of a waste for me to have it because I would be paying for something I never use.

Edited by Compxpert

Because it is actually cheaper to go to a regular doctor without it. Health insurance should do what car insurance does and what it use to do, measure risk. You should only have to use for catastrophic illness or injury. Not when someone goes and sees a regular family physician.

But health care is one of those things you can't avoid eventually almost everyone will have to go to some kind of a health professional during your life.

And yet some people still don't carry car insurance.

good grief, are you all still wranglin' on about this caca?....

Considering we will have to be paying for it for the rest of our lives... I think it's still something we're allowed to talk about, yes?

unfortunately, some people in the Legislative branch don't want Obama to succeed, because either A) he's black or B) he's a democrat

Unbelievable...

You should check up on Romneycare... Massachusetts' own State Treasurer has come out and blasted it. Here it is in his own words:

[T]he state’s health insurance law…Cahill said, “has nearly bankrupted the state.”

Cahill said the law is being sustained only with the help of federal aid, which he suggested that the Obama administration is funneling to Massachusetts to help the president make the case for a similar plan in Congress.

“The real problem is the sucking sound of money that has been going in to pay for this health care reform,” Cahill said. “And I would argue that we’re being propped up so that the federal government and the Obama administration can drive it through” Congress.

Two states have implemented universal coverage plans. Hawaii's lasted just a few months before cost overruns forced them to shut it down. The only reason Massachusetts' plan hasn't been scrapped is because the federal government has been giving them money to keep their system afloat until we could get it passed on the federal level. Do these lies and bribes by the federal government not make you angry? Does this blatant distortion of the truth behind universal coverage not irk you in any way? You like to look at everything down party lines, so I will ask you, what do you have to say about Mr. Cahill (a Democrat!) speaking out against Romneycare like this?

Huge difference. Car insurance is mandated by individual states, which is constitutional. And you don't have to buy car insurance. Car insurance is essentially an excise tax on having the luxury to drive. If you choose not to drive, you don't have to buy car insurance. With this health care law, the insurance purchase is mandatory, whether you seek medical attention or not. So there is no choice in whether you buy it. Also, it's mandated by the federal government, which is illegal, and will hopefully be overturned by the Supreme Court shortly...

But health care is one of those things you can't avoid eventually almost everyone will have to go to some kind of a health professional during your life.

OK... and what if I wanted to pay for my visit out-of-pocket?