Looks like healthcare is a go.

InCrYsIs

Be careful at Best Buy. They're evil capitalists (the board is literally 100% Republican), and they will hold you accountable for your performance. And if you aren't selling enough services and PSPs to pass muster, they aren't going to give you the PSP/service dollars earned by other salesmen to float you along. :P Who knows, maybe this real world experience will mellow you out a little bit.

Indeed, Best Buy blows. Wife and I went through a multi-week affair trying to get them to honor a warranty on a 40" Samsung LCD TV that developed a screen problem. When all was said and done, though, after repeated calls to corporate, we walked out with a brand new 46" Samsung LCD as the price was the same as what we paid for ours over a year ago.

They tried to tell us we had to get a cheaper TV because the features were the same as the one we had but I was having none of that as we are still currently paying for the $1000 TV that we bought over a year ago. I understand (somewhat...) their logic, but I'm not paying a $1000 debt on an $800 TV. No thanks.

Needless to say, I'll never shop there again.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sit in my house and do my homework. I think I could get a job at Best Buy in the summer, since I'm sick of waiting for my allowance to get enough money

Fair warning it's more a salesmen job then a computer type job but if your good at persuading people to buy things that goes a long way.

Indeed, Best Buy blows. Wife and I went through a multi-week affair trying to get them to honor a warranty on a 40" Samsung LCD TV that developed a screen problem. When all was said and done, though, after repeated calls to corporate, we walked out with a brand new 46" Samsung LCD as the price was the same as what we paid for ours over a year ago.

They tried to tell us we had to get a cheaper TV because the features were the same as the one we had but I was having none of that as we are still currently paying for the $1000 TV that we bought over a year ago. I understand (somewhat...) their logic, but I'm not paying a $1000 debt on an $800 TV. No thanks.

Going directly through the manufacture would probably be easier.

Edited by fire_storm

I'd also like to mention to people who think you have to pay extra taxes on this bill, that's not at all the case. If you don't have healthcare, you have to pay a tax. If you already have healthcare, then you don't have to pay a dime more than what you are.

Source(s):http://edition.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/03/23/health.care.timeline/?hpt=Sbin

All it says about a tax is this,

"

That's in the language of the PSP you purchased, and even those aren't underwritten by Best Buy. They are through Assurant or HSBC. You are more than welcome to not shop there, but don't blame "them" for simply upholding their end of the deal.

I'd also like to mention to people who think you have to pay extra taxes on this bill, that's not at all the case. If you don't have healthcare, you have to pay a tax. If you already have healthcare, then you don't have to pay a dime more than what you are.

Source(s):http://edition.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/03/23/health.care.timeline/?hpt=Sbin

All it says about a tax is this,

"

How the hell do you expect us to pay for this $1 Trillion bill (spent in six years, paid for over 10 years), while simultaneously decreasing the deficit, through a 10% tanning tax and a small fine for not purchasing insurance?

There are tax hikes across the board in this bill. Payroll tax hikes, income tax hikes on employer-provided benefits, higher marginal rates (soon to come), income tax treatment of unearned income like rents and dividends, sales tax and state income tax hikes so states can cover their half of the expanding Medicaid rolls, higher priced goods and services so employers can afford to maintain their standard of living while paying the increased taxes for their employees, higher private insurance premiums as private insurers have to soak up more of the burden shifted to them by hospitals who are being further undercut by the ever-expanding number of government plans... the list goes on, and on, and on. There are hundreds of new taxes in this, maybe even thousands once we take into consideration the current taxes that are simply changing form.

Everyone will be paying for this bill. You, me, everyone. We will pay for it on our W-2, we will pay for it at the dinner table, we will pay for it at the cash register, we will pay for it at the gas pump... we will pay for it everywhere.

If true, all of that would have been easier to swallow had there been universal coverage akin to the NHS. But on top of all that we still have to buy insurance, so that sucks.

Plenty of new taxes... on top of your private premium whose cost will continually increase...

If anyone is considering being an accountant when they grow up, get your BS in Accounting, go to graduate school, Master in Taxation, and you have a guaranteed job when you graduate. You'll be making six figures in no time.

* In three months, those with preexisting conditions can enroll in a temporary national insurance plan. (flood of people on the government plan, which will reimburse below market rate - private premiums will increase)

* Insurance companies can

Plenty of new taxes... on top of your private premium whose cost will continually increase...

OH NO, thats not what Obama says. He says the drug companies, medical suppliers, doctors, insurance companies, hospitals, etc.etc. will just take the hit and live with less money and this won't come back to BITE the american public in the a$$. I know I'm a blind follower and I KNOW the government would never lie/mislead me :rolleyes: .

How did the credit card reform (not really a reform) work out for everyone else last month, I know 90% of my credit cards upped my apr before it went into effect, but now I'm protected from fraudulent charges (that I never had) even if it costs me 5% extra a month, that's a GOOD DEAL.

Actually I had no warranty through Best Buy, it was straight through the manufacturer. Samsung sent a warranty order to Best Buy for a unit of equal or lesser monetary value, their words, not mine. Even Best Buy corporate service told me as much, that I would be able to pick out another unit of equal or less monetary value at the store to replace the damaged one. Only when I arrived at the store did the language of the agreement change.

So thanks for your insight, but I was only going by what I was told by a corporate representative and the manufacturer as well. There was no PSP or aftermarket warranty plan involved whatsoever, just a defective unit covered under manufacturer warranty. I would have been happy with a replacement of the same unit, but of course it is not in production any more. Had I not been told I would receive a unit of EQUAL value I would not have expected one. I don't think I was outside of my rights as a consumer to expect an agreement between myself and a company's corporate representatives to be honored at the individual store level.

So how about all of you delusional anti-'communist's get over it :) You're not paying anything if you already have it.

Oh, to be 17 and naive again.

After you have read the 2000 plus pages of the entire bill you might change your mind, the little tidbits given out so far are just a drop in the proverbial democratic bucket.