Looks like healthcare is a go.

InCrYsIs

You're looking at is as Democrat vs. Republican again, CowKing.

And Over the years they have become more and more alike... Which idiot do we pick for the next election. Democrat or Republican it doesn't matter they are both the same these days. This is why I'm libertarian.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right on, brother. Like I've said, the only difference between a Republican and a Democrat is that one of them gets a bigger paycheck. That's it. Nothing else sets them apart.

Edited by UkJenT

And Over the years they have become more and more alike... Which idiot do we pick for the next election. Democrat or Republican it doesn't matter they are both the same these days. This is why I'm libertarian.

:withstupid:

I don't know what I am, honestly I have such extreme views on some things that I can't be LEFT, RIGHT, or CENTER.

:lol:

Ant-Religion (no, not just Atheist but "Anti-religion", I DESPISE good deeds or good things being attributed to faith)

Pro-Fireams

Pro-Abortion (under certain circumstances)

Pro-Stemcell

Pro-Government intrusion in specific areas

Anti-Government intrusion in other areas

Anti-bailout (for just about anything)

Pro-Welfare (however I believe that we need to DRASTICALLY revamp out current system, there are always people that TRULY need short term help)

Anti-War (unless there is a DIRECT threat to our national safety or that of a select few of our "allies")

Anti-Illegal immigrant

Anti-Planet wide government; (A La U.N. :P )

Many other things that I can't think of that obscure, radical, maybe even extremist that I won't bother going into here.

meh

since, the GOP is so quick to spend money on frivolous things(such as bondage clubs, which I guess if that's what they like than go to it, limousines and chartering planes) with donations that are supposed to go to the campaigns, I can't see how they are any better at running the economy if they dip their fingers into the money pot for their own desires.

Care to post some proof of what you're claiming? And proof that the Democrats have NEVER WASTED A PENNY EVAR?

I am a democrat and don't like many of the Republicans. Republicans are too old school, just look at the age of these republicans. Also republicans for some reason don't like technology stem cell, renewable resources, etc... but now I''m starting to feel that democrats are taking the wrong approach on how to deal with the economy, health care, energy *I'm looking at you offshore drilling*. Democrats do something or get out and bring in newer democrats, the ones that are smart and know what they're doing. Also i don't know who controls the education but in NY it sucks. I know people that have no clue what they're doing in school and get passed and don't get in trouble as much but when you are smart and don't act like an butthole all the time you get in heaps of trouble for doing the smallest of mischievous (I have had problems with bullies and defending my-self is a no no, i almost got suspended). But now that I go to a private school, freshman in High, its a little better but still not good. I could remember in 2001 when my classes were small about 20 students and all of us got treated the way we should and then from 2002 it all changed for the worse 30+ students (last year in 8th grade 35 students).

p.s. Nancy Pelocy who the crap voted for or hired you. You are making Democrats look bad so f-off

Edited by ddkshah

• 3 weeks later...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100423/ap_on_..._care_law_costs

Welp... so much for that idea. <_>

That just reiterates what anyone with a brain already knew.

Common Sense of The Day: If you buy more of something it costs more. For example if you go into Wal-Mart and buy 1 shirt on Monday and on Tuesday you buy 10. Do you spend the same amount both days? You sure as hell don't spend less the second day. :)

That just reiterates what anyone with a brain already knew.

Common Sense of The Day: If you buy more of something it costs more. For example if you go into Wal-Mart and buy 1 shirt on Monday and on Tuesday you buy 10. Do you spend the same amount both days? You sure as hell don't spend less the second day. :)

Sadly not many have common sense today, they dont teach that in colleges nor have they found a way to hand it out......

Edited by road-runner

Good one.

Common Sense of the Day #2: When an unrelated party is spending another person's money, they spend it less wisely than if the person who it belongs to were spending it. For example, if you give your meth-addicted step brother your credit card and tell him to go buy groceries for dinner, we all know he's going to buy more than just groceries, and groceries he does buy aren't going to be the best deals. "No man spends another man's money better than he spends his own."

Common Sense of the Day #3: ANYTHING centrally planned costs more. Health care decisions made for the entire country from Washington, DC are always and forever going to cost more to implement and fulfill than decisions made by individuals using their own money at the local level. This is simply how life works with the laws of economics - marginal utility and diminishing returns, and lunching.

So, you folks who supported the health care bill, what did we learn?

1) Government control of anything always costs more per capita than if it were controlled by smaller entities at the state and local levels.

2) Politicians lie, and they are not here to look our for your best interest. They are looking out for their best interests only.

3) This health care reform has always been about control first, and was never about lowering costs.

4) We just handed our liberties to make our own life decisions over to the federal government on a silver platter. "Please, Big Brother, tell me what to do! I am here to serve."

All of these facts above were known well in advance of this bill's passing. People have been reciting these very lines for decades. Ignorance is not an excuse. What has been done with this bill is done, there will be no reversing it. We made a very poor choice, and we, and our children, will pay dearly for it, with our money, our freedom, and our overall health. All we can do is learn from this poor choice and ensure that we don't let it happen again.