Looks like healthcare is a go.

InCrYsIs

I am so disgusted with the Governement right now I actually have stomach pains. This is the worst piece of legislation ever passed. If people were againt the patriot act then this is even worse. We need to vote these people out in November and Obama needs to go in 2012. I believe helthcare needs to be fixed but this isn't the way. This barely took a year to whip up and I have to swallow it? I am in Nevada and Reid is gonna be outta here.

Edited by InCrYsIs

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortunately this comes several months to late for my sheila and myself, we still have a $5,500 hospital bill from a one hour visit to our local regional hospital ER just after christmas when she had an accident...but you are right incrysis it did turn into something of a mess. hopefully this is just a beginning and a foundation of better legislation to come...

From what I read, the final bill was ~2700 pages and there was a ~72 hour time frame to read it before the vote. That is nowhere near enough time to adequately review a bill of this magnitude. If things start going faster downhill because of this, then I will vote for the first time in the upcoming elections.

All I am going to say is that today is a historic day. In my opinion, this is the right move.

To others your entitled to your opinions. Lets try and keep things civil.

If it dosn't work out the country will change it, that is the beauty of our system of government, we elect our officials and we can change them if they don't serve the people justly. Alot of people in this country do think that this is the right move. Nobody is right on this issue and the only way to find a solution is to try, something that would never get done on the right side of the isle.

to bad the ultra right wing neo nazi conservative party totally screwed this bill up

Elaborate.

If it dosn't work out the country will change it, that is the beauty of our system of government, we elect our officials and we can change them if they don't serve the people justly.

You dream. You're working under the impression that we are the people they aim to please with the passage of these bills. They aren't accountable to us anymore. They are accountable to the special interests who gain all the power when the government passes bills that usurp $1.5 trillion of our economy. That's a lot of incentive to buy into the political bribery game. Joe Blow Constituent doesn't have the funds to buy into the game anymore.

Tyranny doesn't have a party affiliation. And to those of you who think it's OK to rob everyone else to pay for your medical problems, shame on you. I am all for private charity. If you ask me for money to help your dying family members, I will gladly give you what I can. But when you instead send a G-man armed with a gun and a badge to my house to confiscate the fruits of my labor to spend on your behalf, that's when it gets personal.

Tyranny doesn't have a party affiliation. And to those of you who think it's OK to rob everyone else to pay for your medical problems, shame on you. I am all for private charity. If you ask me for money to help your dying family members, I will gladly give you what I can. But when you instead send a G-man armed with a gun and a badge to my house to confiscate the fruits of my labor to spend on your behalf, that's when it gets personal.

So vote your officials out of office, and vote for someone who isn't corrupt or run for office yourself.

So vote your officials out of office, and vote for someone who isn't corrupt or run for office yourself.

Come to my house and try to steal my money yourself. Don't send Big Brother to do it for you. :thumbs-up:

Elaborate.

The Democrats didn't stick to there guns and instead went for what pleased the crying little babies and allowed them to take out the public option and everything that made the bill great

Edited by CowKing