Ubisoft's DRM Servers go down...

sdy284

Let's get this . straight.

-Search @ piratebay for "assassins creed 2". There is one torrent, which lets you play the game. However, all the missions are unplayable, therefore you cannot get any new equipment/skills etc, therefore IMO, it isn't really a working torrent.

-I've never had any problems with this DRM; maybe I just got lucky. It is though quite stupid of Ubisoft to do this. On the other hand, any other game would have been cracked days ago. AC2 hasn't been. Time will tell I guess.

-You CAN store your savegames offline. Just press the wheel button on the launcher and it will ask if you want to do this. Get your facts straight.

High Price point?Whaaaaat?

Edited by Jump4h

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Search @ piratebay for "assassins creed 2". There is one torrent, which lets you play the game. However, all the missions are unplayable, therefore you cannot get any new equipment/skills etc, therefore IMO, it isn't really a working torrent.

-I've never had any problems with this DRM; maybe I just got lucky. It is though quite stupid of Ubisoft to do this. On the other hand, any other game would have been cracked days ago. AC2 hasn't been. Time will tell I guess.

-You CAN store your savegames offline. Just press the wheel button on the launcher and it will ask if you want to do this. Get your facts straight.

High Price point?Whaaaaat?

I will keep my patience about me :) (for both price drops, and proper cracks :lol:)

I just said there was a working workaround. that lets you continue and save the game

btw there are already 1 scene release and 3 nonscene packages that work

_edit

this is exactly what i mean about this is the best way to thwart piracy.

when it goes beyond they easy "copy n paste" most novice people give up!

good job ubisoft, except next time don't DDoS yourself :lol:

I just said there was a working workaround. that lets you continue and save the game

btw there are already 1 scene release and 3 nonscene packages that work

_edit

this is exactly what i mean about this is the best way to thwart piracy.

when it goes beyond they easy "copy n paste" most novice people give up!

good job ubisoft, except next time don't DDoS yourself :lol:

I have not seen any torrent working. PM me with link and THEN I will believe you.

I have not seen any torrent working. PM me with link and THEN I will believe you.

:withstupid: I have no intention on downloading a torrent because I WILL eventually buy this game legitimately, probably when it goes on sale on Steam like I did for the first one, however, because cirro, you claim that there's a working torrent, I did a little digging into a private tracker I'm a member of...one that has never failed me in all my years and one that I completely trust.

All the comments I'm seeing are saying how it's crashing, not working properly, etc. etc. People are telling others to wait for a proper crack...others have "given up" saying that the only way to play this is to buy it.

Whatever Ubisoft did, it's working. It's too bad for them that their servers crashed, because that puts a stain on this all, but if they never crashed and they had 99.9% guaranteed uptime, this would have been a major victory for game publishers.

:withstupid: I have no intention on downloading a torrent because I WILL eventually buy this game legitimately, probably when it goes on sale on Steam like I did for the first one, however, because cirro, you claim that there's a working torrent, I did a little digging into a private tracker I'm a member of...one that has never failed me in all my years and one that I completely trust.

All the comments I'm seeing are saying how it's crashing, not working properly, etc. etc. People are telling others to wait for a proper crack...others have "given up" saying that the only way to play this is to buy it.

Whatever Ubisoft did, it's working. It's too bad for them that their servers crashed, because that puts a stain on this all, but if they never crashed and they had 99.9% guaranteed uptime, this would have been a major victory for game publishers.

I hope this is truly the case. Game publishers need an encouragement.

They should try getting their encouragement from their own good customers, not DRM that discourages their customers.

This.

I'm not buying this game even though I was looking forward to it for a LONG time.

I'm not buying this game even though I was looking forward to it for a LONG time.

:withstupid:

I've looked everywhere for a working crack and there's no mention about this at all. In fact it's almost as if no-one really cared from day one <_<

And as long as DRM persists, I am a lost sale.

:withstupid:

I've looked everywhere for a working crack and there's no mention about this at all. In fact it's almost as if no-one really cared from day one <_<

And as long as DRM persists, I am a lost sale.

This.

Its perfectly understandable to NOT play a game, even if you love it, just because it has DRM. Wait.. what??

That doesnt make sense at ALL

So what, it crashed one time. Look at BC2. I haven't been able to play it at all because it has server issues. Yet everyone loves that game.

This is the first time in my life when I have seen a game that has not been pirated a week after its release. You whiners should take your thumb out of your butt and just enjoy the game. It's one of the best games I've ever played.

Edited by Jump4h

Sorry but even I don't have enough love for the series to pay an extra $10 for added DRM. I mean I really enjoyed the first assassin's creed and I'm interested to see where the story goes, and I mean the actual story with desmond(I think that was his name? not sure), but I can't support a game that supports DRM and higher pricing, if gamers put up with that kind of stuff then all the developers will start doing it because they know that no one will oppose it.