The Unofficial Battlefield Bad Company 2 Thread

WhenKittensATK

Hey, Krazy, what's the deal with that BC2 stats page you linked? I've gotten in the queue twice and gotten all the way to number 10 then when I search again it tells me that it can't find me and that the queue is full. Any ideas?

BC2 Public Service Announcement Video <- lol, has some truth. I die less from grenades in this game than CoD 4 or MW2. I die mostly from noobtubes :P.

Wasn't funny till the end ...reminds me of that of Paintball commercial (is it Bud Light? ...too light, too hard ad)

Just uploaded two new videos on YouTube (hope you like them):

(Not processed yet at the time of post)

That M14's iron sight is horrid, i guess you get used to it. I used to think the FAMAS iron sight was atrocious and now i use it quite a bit in MW2.

Nice shooting though.

So I updated the game today, since it said I could play unless i did ...plus, gotta play some MP at some point. Now the game crashes to desktop every time i try to load up my Single Player game in Atacama Desert. Lame. Does EA test their crap, sigh

Ironsights seem fine to me. But it uses a drag effect when you're turning with the gun like some games. So the ironsights aren't fixed dead center. Just have to predict where you're aiming at. I thought the Famas ironsights were fine too in MW2.

I would love to see the Famas added into BC2. I always liked using it in CS and CoD. I think BF2 had one, but it was a Chinese version of the bullpup design (QBZ-97). I think they also added it in to the Euro Force pack, but you couldn't use it in the regular game. It was locked to Euro Force, so I never got to try it.

Thankfully in that one interview DICE said they won't be doing DLC like they did the booster packs for BF2. They said it just made the community smaller and smaller. So they will release more stuff for free. For example, I can't play with Friend A because I don't have X map from X pack. Stuff like that.

Running mostly. It's probably more realistic but I've gotten used to being able to run and turn on a dime. For example, if I round a corner in MW2 and pass by someone I can turn around immediately and knife them ...or in some cases back up, turn slightly and then use the rest of that motion to roll into the knife attack.

I see what you mean now. They put a delay in the Knife. So you can't knife as fast as MW2. Personally I like it that way. Less super soldiers just running and knifing like MW2.

==============

79 PB bans from BC2 so far. http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-latest50-bfbc2-lfb36.html

It seems most of them are from Russia (first) and Germany (second).

Edited by Krazyxazn

I was having a hard time seeing who you were shooting at with that M14 iron sight. There has been a few times where the FAMAS' iron sight took up too much real estate to where I didn't see someone sneaking into view. But I love the hell out of that gun, especially with silencer ...for those moods where I feel going in behind enemy lines, wreaking havoc and taking out their whole team. And when I run with silencer I use the ironsight, but I like how the top third of the ring is removed ...where as that M14 is a big thick ring all the way around.

Glad to see they won't be doing the same thing they did with BF2 (booster packs) ...that's a big reason why I stopped playing BF2.

And totally agree on the super soldier knifers ...almost as irritating as noob tubers. But i finally started learning their timing ...just back up to dodge their attack, which leaves them vulnerable long enough to get some rounds in ...and they usually don't know how to react once they miss. Friends and I played against one team who did nothing but knifing - their whole team was Marathon Pro, Lightweight Pro, Commandos ...and they got DESTROYED. That felt good :)

The Steam BC2 Patch is Live (a few hours ago; changelog).

Just uploaded two new videos on YouTube (hope you like them):

(Not processed yet at the time of post)

They both contain parts of that video I was talking about a few days and decided not to upload. I'm glad I didn't and added them into this one with new content.

Would you mind recording in 720p? The quality is horrid; good content though :)

Edited by Jump4h

Would you mind recording in 720p? The quality is horrid; good content though :)

The problem with that is the way YouTube manages it's bandwidth. It gives high priority to it's sponsors. So my videos being 200+ MB they only get 50 - 80 KB/s uploading from YouTube to the viewer. It's going to take like 5 - 10 minutes just to fully buffer a 720p video. Most people will just opt for the lower resolution for a faster view. I'm uploading to YouTube at 250 KB/s and takes anywhere from 18 minutes to 1+ hour depending on how big the 720p file size is (also have to keep the video to a 2 GB maximum). Not worth the effort for a small group wanting 720p.

Plus it would requiring adjusting all my recording settings (moving to a lower resolution, might have to set the game to a lower graphical setting, and everything else that is just an inconvenience).

Upgrade my computer and internet connection and I'll post videos in 1080p :D. Also send me the magic formula for crystal clear videos. Even my 720p videos don't look as good as my original source videos ( video bitrate is at 5-6 Mbps too).

I'll try to post my next video in 720p or 1080p, if I'm lucky. To see if its worth the hassle.

Edited by Krazyxazn

finally got to sit down and play it for a few hours! I love the new maps and vehicles. Best shot so far was sniping the helicopter pilot and watching the other two die in the crash. Can't wait to play again...

finally got to sit down and play it for a few hours! I love the new maps and vehicles. Best shot so far was sniping the helicopter pilot and watching the other two die in the crash. Can't wait to play again...

ha! i got a similar kill but i sniped both the gunners lol

The problem with that is the way YouTube manages it's bandwidth. It gives high priority to it's sponsors. So my videos being 200+ MB they only get 50 - 80 KB/s uploading from YouTube to the viewer. It's going to take like 5 - 10 minutes just to fully buffer a 720p video. Most people will just opt for the lower resolution for a faster view. I'm uploading to YouTube at 250 KB/s and takes anywhere from 18 minutes to 1+ hour depending on how big the 720p file size is (also have to keep the video to a 2 GB maximum). Not worth the effort for a small group wanting 720p.

Plus it would requiring adjusting all my recording settings (moving to a lower resolution, might have to set the game to a lower graphical setting, and everything else that is just an inconvenience).

Upgrade my computer and internet connection and I'll post videos in 1080p :D. Also send me the magic formula for crystal clear videos. Even my 720p videos don't look as good as my original source videos ( video bitrate is at 5-6 Mbps too).

I'll try to post my next video in 720p or 1080p, if I'm lucky. To see if its worth the hassle.

Well I think there isn't really any magic numbers but the FPS must be stable at 30, and the bitrate must be high. To get that you need a good computer..

New BC2 Server Files Update

"We have just distributed a new server version named R7 to the server hosts. Early signs from the hosts are good with 20% less load on the server CPU, improved hit detection, Veteran rank handling is fixed so you should get your M1 Garand back now plus some other fixes to better help the server hosting companies and better management of Punkbuster IDs."

All dedicated servers are currently patching to the new server build just released by DICE, R7, which has quite a few fixes:

• Several common crash fixes. Especially those which have monitoring scripts that rely on the Remote Admin interface should see stability improvements.
  • PunkBuster can send commands to Remote Admin interface (so ‘pb_sv_task 0 -1 ’ works)
  • Veteran-rank handling corrected (it was broken in R6 and possibly earlier)
  • Switched back to Release version of the low-level networking library; less debug output but higher performance
  • Increased the initial server reconnection interval to 30+rand(30) seconds
  • PB GUID generation is now based on EA account IDs (it used to be based on persona names)
  • Added new command line options which allow providers to easily maintain server GUID's

BFBC2 stats and new Veteran page is going LIVE over at http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com

I'll probably play in a little bit. Just got home, so its time to watch my shows on Hulu first :D.

Edited by Krazyxazn