The Unofficial Battlefield Bad Company 2 Thread

WhenKittensATK

Damn, my stats are pretty bad :(

haha not nearly as bad as mine

man, i just noticed that infomatic thing doesnt update very often , thats disapointing. next update in 21 hours. and i just had the best 10 games of my 1 day career just a second ago. lol

Edited by ShallowBay

I can vouch for the GOL Magnum Sniper Rifle. It's an absolute monster. I got about 1 min or so footage with it for the video I was going to make, but I'm really not a fan of montages. So, I decided to not upload it. I was using it with the Magnum Ammo specialization.

Yea the Stats Page only updates once per 24 hours. Here is my non-updated one. I'm Rank 20 now (rank to unlock M14). I believe I saw somewhere that DICE was going to make their own Stats page, but I guess they are busy stabilizing the game. Which is a good thing. BF games always have good 3rd Party stats trackers anyways.

Krazyxazn.png

Could be better, but I like to play all the classes and all the guns. So that drops me down. I see so many people whoring out the grenade launcher it's kinda sad. Ranks 2 and above with 2-3 gold star metals for the grenade launcher. My guess take away that and they would never get kills again :P.

idk about that i used the AK-74 and the UMP-45 and they are nothing compared to an XM8, the 40mm grenades come in handy as well

PS. does anyone else get sent to the desktop if they press caps lock? it really makes me mad when im in the zone and i get killed because i accidentally tap the caps lock instead of shift or tab

Yea, but with Engineer you got a rocket launcher :D. Just as good as grenade launcher, but better. The M2 Carl Gustuv is really nice against infantry. The AT4 is great for everything since its guide by wire. If you saw my

video, I used it to take out a helicopter and in another to get a
across the map :D Engineer is probably my most played class as its the only one that I have all the guns unlocked for. But that's not saying much since I just unlocked the UMP yesterday. Got about 1-2 unlocks left for the other three classes.

As for the CAPS LOCK thing, I'm not sure. I know Windows has this annoying feature called Sticky Shift, but I've never heard of something for CAPS LOCK. My suggestion would be to take out the CAPS LOCK key with a flat head. Haha, that was my old Windows Key workaround when I just started gaming on the PC. Now I'm ok with leaving it in.

I just saw that, thanks a lot. Appears there's no difference in the games other than the package language. Since this would be a retail copy, will I still be able to invite friends to play that have the digital steam copy? I know there is a friends list inside of battlefield, but I was just wondering.

Here is a safe one $37 PC version from Amazon

As cchalogamer mentioned be careful with eBay. My friend likes to call it sleazyBay. Read the listings very carefully. To make sure you're buying what you think you're buying. The cheap ones seem to only let you play the Singleplayer (no multiplayer, Eastern European versions). I'm guessing all the less than $30 ones are these versions. So you might be out of luck :(.

But if you walked into your local store and bought a retail copy of the game. It would be no different from buying a digital distribution copy. The game itself has a built-in Friend's List. That you can use to join friends already in a server. However it is currently limited to that only.

Some things that they could add as functionally would be:

Chatting

Invite to Squad (like on a console, outside of a server)

Invite Player to Game/Squad (inside of a server)

So you probably still want to pair it with Steam or use some other form to chat with people on your friend's list like Xfire.

Edited by Krazyxazn

So do i want to install PunkBuster or not?

Seems to be a lot of issues around Punkbuster - this one is really interesting

Source

And as other already pointed out, the "PB check" is bugged. It's logic is inverted! If you check "PB" it will display servers WITHOUT punkbuster...

Other major issue many are reporting is that the game is reporting to them they don't have PB installed when they do and when it had been working fine for days. My guess is I'll probably still need PB installed despite the crappy bugs but would like confirmation just to be sure its necessary.

I have PB installed. However I found a server I like and no longer use the server browser. I'll have to check for that 999 and dash in ping slots. I've joined servers that say they don't run PB, but they actually do because I get kicked by PB. That was when there was a server update and servers needed to restart to reset PB, otherwise it would kick everyone after two minutes.

I joined a lot of different servers before and never had an issue with PB other than from that one day they did the update and no one was restarting their servers.

Edited by Krazyxazn

ok thanks - guess i'll install it than

tried to add it thru Steam but it didn't like the code, guess i'll just add it into Steam later

EDIT:

Is that PunkBuster checkbox sort really inverted like that guy says?

Edited by Fogel

ok thanks - guess i'll install it than

tried to add it thru Steam but it didn't like the code, guess i'll just add it into Steam later

EDIT:

Is that PunkBuster checkbox sort really inverted like that guy says?

Probably. I'm on the laptop, so can't check.

Either way, people are still hacking. Someone found an example on Steam Forums: http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/Bu.Rogers

Kills:10,037

Deaths:252

K/D Ratio:39.83

Accuracy:51%

Aimbot to the max :D

daaaaamn, no joke

Looked at that stat page and damn near every kill was by headshot ...even with a pistol 260 of his 270

Ok, setup account - will have to play later but wanted to reserve my name

I like all the classes except the assault class I find that most of the weapons have clips that are just too short and have poor accuracy plus I don't like using the cheap noob tube all the time.

laserstorm.png

Edited by fire_storm

I like all the classes except the assault class I find that most of the weapons have clips that are just too short and have poor accuracy plus I don't like using the cheap noob tube all the time.

laserstorm.png

i used to use the assault, but i hate the first gun (forgot what its called) so i moved to the medic and havent looked back.

ill go back to the assault class sometime though.

My friend hates the 1st weapon for Assault too. He was using it for like 2 maps and only got a total of 5 kills with it :P. It's strange the gun seems fine to me. I even got Silver on it.

The amount of bullets in the clips are right. They aren't short. The guns are accurate. Comparing my accuracy stats of this game to other FPS games they are pretty close. In the 20-30% range.

========================

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefiel...-2-q-amp-a.aspx

We have had a lot of questions about Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on all platforms about the issues some have had. Here we will answer some of the more common questions, some will help you get in game, others will give an insight to what we are working on.

This Q&A isn't a definitive list by any means and we are aware of and are working on more than these issues:

Connection issues to EA servers

EA Online has been adding more capacity to handle the high number of player connections to EA servers. This is an ongoing process but we currently have enough capacity to handle all BFBC2 connections.

Manually install PunkBuster on PC

If you are getting an error that Punkbuster hasn't installed correctly for reasons such as Windows admin permissions not allowing Punkbuster to be installed, then go to www.evenbalance.com and download PBSetup.exe. When prompted, point PBSetup at your BFBC2 install directory and then check for updates. A PC restart maybe needed once this is done for Windows to pick up Punkbusters location.

PunkBuster kicks with the following error message :

Edited by Krazyxazn

i used to use the assault, but i hate the first gun (forgot what its called) so i moved to the medic and havent looked back.

ill go back to the assault class sometime though.

The only thing I like about the assault class is the ammo boxes which makes it nice when using some of those weapons every class has access to.

I've only played the assault class to unlock the weapons and most of the time I used those general weapons like the G3 that every class gets. The only assault class weapon that is really good is the M16A2 the AN-94 is nice but I'd pick the M16A2 over the other guns in that class.

So far I've unlocked everything in the other classes besides engineering which I'm working on know.

Edited by fire_storm