Starcraft II BETA This Month

tkrow21

So it doesn't work like the first SC where if someone hosted a game on a custom map it would force all players to download it from the host when joining the game?

thats a good question. I'd assume if you had to pay for a map, then only those who've already purchased the map can play, or maybe they'll provide an easy way to buy maps if you happen to join a room and the map they're playing is one that costs $

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I experienced as far as downloading the maps.

With the beta client they didn't package any of the maps with it, and you have to download them to play them (I assume they are doing this to test the download servers & that you won't have to download the retail maps @ release), when you find a match via battle.net it will automatically download the files needed before you enter the game, I would assume at this point it would prompt you asking if you want to buy the map if you don't already own it.

Also for those who are afraid about download times, it literally only took about 5-10 seconds to download the maps.

I am going to work on getting my screencast going again will likely be via xfire since I cant get livestream to work :-\

http://www.brianjfuller.com/?p=72

Edited by greengiant912

So you think that guys like those whom made DOTA shouldn't be allowed to make some money for what they developed?

The creators of DOTA made a lot of money, just not through selling their product.

I wounder if they will re look at my account now that i updated it... gave it a good overclock too (4.2ghz) before i sent it in lol Id tend to think my resolution of 2560 x 1600 would help because not a ton of games have it.... unless i missed something.. if not oh well ill just have to wait another 4 years when it comes out lmao

I wounder if they will re look at my account now that i updated it... gave it a good overclock too (4.2ghz) before i sent it in lol Id tend to think my resolution of 2560 x 1600 would help because not a ton of games have it.... unless i missed something.. if not oh well ill just have to wait another 4 years when it comes out lmao

That rez probably helps as Blizzard tries to support a wide range of systems and probably not a lot of people have that high of a rez.

Here is a video I threw together of the battle.net experience

The audio is a little choppy for the first 2 seconds or so, but it gets better.

As for getting into the beta threw opt-in, my suggestion is if you have a mac get the thing opted-in, they will be testing a mac client down the line almost certain, and I can imagine that there arn't a whole lot of SC fans that play on mac.

Emotes work in SC2

I wonder what they say when you constantly click on the same unit. Always something funny. They have it in all their games even WoW.

I haven't gotten anything really hillarious yet, but knowing blizzard they will def plan on something.

from the SUV

::Slaps a fly::: "Gottcha!" Computer: "Self Destruct in 5, 4, 3," SUV "Uh Oh!"

"Say you got a real pretty mouth."

"I can fix anything" ::computer glitches:: "If this thing holds together."

I'm making videos to put up on youtube.

Edited by greengiant912