• No
    • Maybe, just haven't decided yet
    • I own an iPhone/iPod already thank you very much
    • I don't even care!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The iPad is an interesting idea, but I've already found something that better suits my needs and is cheaper. I'm more interested in how Microsoft Courier turns out. Hopefully it will let you multi-task.

My CULV laptop

• $350
  • Dual core
  • 2 GB Ram
  • 160GB Storage (omg that 0 isn't a typo :D)
  • Plays HD movies
  • HDMI, VGA, 3x USB, Mic and SPDIF headphone ports.
  • Run most OS'
  • Can write code with a full sized keyboard
  • Multi-task (most important)
  • Upgradeable

As soon as I saw 'I don't even care' my mouse just selected it automatically. Think iPhone but larger and you pretty much have the raw pointlessness that is the iPad. Its target market is small at best.... In fact the target audience could only contain people who don't need an object the size of a netbook to do anything more than what a current iPhone is capable of. At the end of the day all it is, is a gimped tablet at best it could have been much more with USB, OS X, and a keyboard. It could have touched a much wider audience. So at the end of the day why does Jobs think that such a niche item will actually make him money? Hes obviously nuts if he thinks the netbook market is failed.

If I wanted something like that, I'd probably buy a frisbee. It can't store much data, but I can more than likely multitask with it. Plus, it gives my dog something to chew on that she can't destroy in 5 seconds or less.