Queenz Silverstone Raven Build Log

Queenz

noooooooooooice lol, though you could be real awesome and get two Vapor-X's :D

lol I wish!! Unfortunately my budget doesn't allow it. Plus my board only supports SLI not crossfire.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no the board supports crossfire as well they just dont advertise it because evga is partners with nvidia. all P55's do. anyways more pics? specifically of the case im planning on buying one myself but am torn between this case and lian li

lol I wish!! Unfortunately my budget doesn't allow it. Plus my board only supports SLI not crossfire.

I blame the memory :rolleyes:

no the board supports crossfire as well they just dont advertise it because evga is partners with nvidia. all P55's do. anyways more pics? specifically of the case im planning on buying one myself but am torn between this case and lian li

I was about to say wuuuuuuuuuuuut, yeah Queenz I'm pretty sure that it supports both. Do you know if it has the NF200 chip??

crap I didn't even know that!! No where did I see it on the description lol. Plus they gave me SLI brackets. I will take a ton a of pictures in the next hour for you guys of the case. Plus I mounted the motherboard up inside to see what it looks like in the case.

Edited by Queenz

crap I didn't even know that!! No where did I see it on the description lol. Plus they gave me SLI brackets. I will take a ton a of pictures in the next hour for you guys of the case. Plus I mounted the motherboard up inside to see what it looks like in the case.

can't wait :thumbs-up:

looks nice man. Those silverstone cases are hella heavy. I have an old school temji or wtvr and the thing is a beast full loaded...

YES THEY ARE lol!! Cost me $30 to have it shipped. UPS said it weighs 51 lbs

Pictures as promised. This is what it looks like with the mobo mounted. I know I will have to take it down when I install the waterblock but I wanted to see how it looks before I got started:

Front push down panel that covers the optical drives:

DSC00060.jpg

DSC00061.jpg

Cool SATA drive adapter pre-attached to one of the drive cages for a cleaner installation:

DSC00066.jpg

Motherboard installed:

DSC00067.jpg

DSC00071.jpg

Bottom area where PSU sits:

DSC00072.jpg

Pre-cut watercooling holes:

DSC00073.jpg

I/O shield panel thats on top (Mobo sits at a 90 degree angle):

DSC00074.jpg

Motherboard shots :D:

DSC00075.jpg

installed:

DSC00076.jpg

DSC00077.jpg

More stuff to come

If I am not mistaken too, those are Hot swap SATA cages on that case as well.. Which is nice if ya got a raid going :)

Also why didn't ya put the CPU/cooler on before you mounted the Motherboard lol, I find it so much easier to do it before the motherboard is in the case :P. I usually install the ram too.

Edited by greengiant912

If I am not mistaken too, those are Hot swap SATA cages on that case as well.. Which is nice if ya got a raid going :)

Also why didn't ya put the CPU/cooler on before you mounted the Motherboard lol, I find it so much easier to do it before the motherboard is in the case :P. I usually install the ram too.

I will be doing a raid config.

Oh yeah BTW I just wanted to see what the mobo looks like inside of the case since the case is powder coated black lol. I will have to dismount the mobo again to install the waterblock plus do some wire management cause some of the holes for the wire management that lead to the back of the case are covered by the mobo.

The only downfall of this case I could find is that it attracts a good amount of dust on the inside and outside after a few days. Especially since it's black.

EDIT: BTW guys the 750watt Silverstone PSU I ordered has 2x 8 pin CPU power connectors for my mobo. I can't wait to see the OCing results I get with that extra amount of voltage :)

Edited by Queenz