The "I Just Recently Watched Movies/TV Series" Topic

WhenKittensATK

Dogma

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

And now to get and watch the other Jay and Silent Bob movies.

I haven't seen all of them, the humor is definitely subjective, a lot of the times its just 'meh'.

I watched Skyfall last weekend, it was alright I guess, just it seemed like it didn't have the magic of previous Bond movies.

You better atleast like the Clerks movies then, the other movies are hit or miss but the Clerks movies are classics!!

I somewhat agree on JB: Skyfall in that it isn't like the originals but each different bond brings something to the table. That was painfully obvious in Daniel Craig's first bond, he moved it away from the romance, witty and espionage genre to a more action oriented nature due to how in shape he is. I still enjoyed it but probably more so than others who were looking for classic bond, but knowing that and D.Craig Bond flicks will be action oriented. Each different bond had their own twist and this is his( take it or leave it)....and sorry if that sounded on the offensive lol

Also don't think I don't appreciate the old bonds too!! I'm actually watching them from the first to last with my friend (I haven't seen any Roger Moore Bonds, seen very few connerys etc.)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Dogma

I haven't seen all of them, the humor is definitely subjective, a lot of the times its just 'meh'.

I watched Skyfall last weekend, it was alright I guess, just it seemed like it didn't have the magic of previous Bond movies.

You better atleast like the Clerks movies then, the other movies are hit or miss but the Clerks movies are classics!!

I somewhat agree on JB: Skyfall in that it isn't like the originals but each different bond brings something to the table. That was painfully obvious in Daniel Craig's first bond, he moved it away from the romance, witty and espionage genre to a more action oriented nature due to how in shape he is. I still enjoyed it but probably more so than others who were looking for classic bond, but knowing that and D.Craig Bond flicks will be action oriented. Each different bond had their own twist and this is his( take it or leave it)....and sorry if that sounded on the offensive lol

Also don't think I don't appreciate the old bonds too!! I'm actually watching them from the first to last with my friend (I haven't seen any Roger Moore Bonds, seen very few connerys etc.)

Just watched Clerks and it was great never new I could enjoy a black and white movie so much (and one not shot like that for artistic reasons just monetary reasons).

I can see why it was received so well and why it really started off Kevin Smith's career.

I agree on Skyfall.  I actually really like Daniel Craig's bond.   I expect litterally no one on this forum to agree with me on this next statement but Skyfall reminded a lot like The Dark Knight.  The acting and direction were spot on.  It was technically a great movie.  It just didn't have that magic previous bond movies had for me.   Everyone loves The Dark Knight but to me, once you take out the fact Heath Ledger really nailed that role the movie itself wasn't really that engaging.  For me, and I know I'm alone on that statement.   But that is how I felt with Skyfall too.  I thought everyone did their job properly but the movie itself just didn't pull me in.

As far as Clerks.  I know its a cult classic but I couldn't get into it.  It's been awhile since I seen it.   The movie I actually really like of Kevin Smith's is Chasing Amy which no one really ever talks about.   The fans don't talk about it nor do the people who have no idea who Kevin Smith is.

It's like Tarantino, for the most part I don't like his stuff but the one movie of his I really like no one ever talks about is True Romance.

I must be really different because I don't seem to fit in any click. :lol:

Last night I saw Chernobyl Diaries. It though it was boring and predictable.

I saw the commercial for that over a year ago and wanted to see it. Guess not, then, lol. 

Sorry you can't compare Skyfall to other bond movies ie if you are talking about the old ones.. This is sort of different from the rest

I'm saying no one should because other than name, with every different face of bond gives the series a new direction. It should be judged on its own, not as part of the past series.

Dogma

Just watched Clerks and it was great never new I could enjoy a black and white movie so much (and one not shot like that for artistic reasons just monetary reasons).

I can see why it was received so well and why it really started off Kevin Smith's career.

Yeah I thought I had a bad copy of it at first but then realized it was supposed to be B&W and after like 5 minutes it feels like color. I'm a really big fan of the series though.

I agree on Skyfall.  I actually really like Daniel Craig's bond.   I expect litterally no one on this forum to agree with me on this next statement but Skyfall reminded a lot like The Dark Knight.  The acting and direction were spot on.  It was technically a great movie.  It just didn't have that magic previous bond movies had for me.   Everyone loves The Dark Knight but to me, once you take out the fact Heath Ledger really nailed that role the movie itself wasn't really that engaging.  For me, and I know I'm alone on that statement.   But that is how I felt with Skyfall too.  I thought everyone did their job properly but the movie itself just didn't pull me in.

As far as Clerks.  I know its a cult classic but I couldn't get into it.  It's been awhile since I seen it.   The movie I actually really like of Kevin Smith's is Chasing Amy which no one really ever talks about.   The fans don't talk about it nor do the people who have no idea who Kevin Smith is.

It's like Tarantino, for the most part I don't like his stuff but the one movie of his I really like no one ever talks about is True Romance.

I must be really different because I don't seem to fit in any click. :lol:

Now by previous magic, are you including the past few Craig bonds or all bonds preceding Craig?? I really didn't think Skyfall was all that bad, I just think it was more of a shoot'em/beat'em up kind of movie than most would have liked from a JB.

Oh come on, Randall alone makes it worth watching (for any nerd). I believe I saw Chasing Amy and liked it but its been awhile, same with True Romance (which I know I've seen and liked very much).

Silly wabbit, clicks are for dicks! :lol:

Edited by IVIYTH0S