The "I Just Recently Watched Movies/TV Series" Topic

WhenKittensATK

Movies:

Couple's Retreat: One of the funnier movies I've seen as of late, I had some good outloud chuckles during it. Sadly the library copy I had was scratched so half way through I went and found it streaming online to finish it lol.

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans: Like the two Underworlds "before" it, this movie was pure awesome!! A great look at what happened before the other two (and really gave me a soft spot for the Lycans now). See it if you like great action, story, and supernatural creatures!

Ponyo: This movie was very enjoyable, I didn't expect it to be anywhere as good as it was going into it (but knew it couldn't be bad). I wouldn't call it a Little Mermaid retelling, I can see LOOSELY why they'd call it that but LOOSELY being the key word. Great family movie to watch if you're baby sitting, like anime or just want to watch a truthfully good movie.

District 9: At first I was like "how is THIS what everyone thinks is such a great movie" then the plot creeps in and the movie has me on the edge of my seat, this was a phenomenal feat of directing and an epic edition to great science fiction movies.

Lion King 2: Watched this when I was younger but put on again and forgot how good it was. I may even like it a smidge better then the first lol

Ponyo: This movie was very enjoyable, I didn't expect it to be anywhere as good as it was going into it (but knew it couldn't be bad). I wouldn't call it a Little Mermaid retelling, I can see LOOSELY why they'd call it that but LOOSELY being the key word. Great family movie to watch if you're baby sitting, like anime or just want to watch a truthfully good movie.
Good movie, I watched it with my nephew.

:)

Movie:

The Third Wheel: I don't quite remember who recommended this to me but I don't care, it was hilarious!! Another great romantic comedy that's *slightly* dated, but it actually adds to the atmosphere of the story in a way.

Movie:

The Good The Bad and The Weird: Really awesome Korean adaptation of a classic western, I had some good laughs and the action was great too. End also had a nice twist on the original I didn't see coming.

Watched 'Super 8' last night, was pretty good but I felt it could have been better.

I guess...

What didn't you like about it?? I thought the suspense they created worked really well for the plot!

Battleship: Entertaining to an extent but terrible acting.

Resident Evil Degeneration and Damnation: Must watches for the RE fans. Good story going along with games.

Dictator: Not Borat funny and not Bruno terrible, somewhere in between.

Snow White and the Huntsman: Not as bad as everyone says. If they chose a better actress than Kristen Stuart it probably would have been better. The real problem is she is not hotter than Charlize Theron so it doesn't make sense.

The Killer Elite: Terrible Robert DeNiro movie. Also another Jason Statham mess.

Edited by InCrYsIs

Movie:

The Good The Bad and The Weird: Really awesome Korean adaptation of a classic western, I had some good laughs and the action was great too. End also had a nice twist on the original I didn't see coming.

What didn't you like about it?? I thought the suspense they created worked really well for the plot!

I loved 'The good The bad and The weird', its a great movie.

I didn't really dislike 'Super 8', but as usual the hype made it seem like it was going to be better.

I loved 'The good The bad and The weird', its a great movie.

I didn't really dislike 'Super 8', but as usual the hype made it seem like it was going to be better.

I hated the name of the movie :lol: couldn't work out what the hell this "Super 8" was, googled afterwards and it was the film the kids used for their movie :pfp: