The "I Just Recently Watched Movies/TV Series" Topic

WhenKittensATK

The Man with the Iron Fists

I thought this film would be up my alley. There probably aren't too many here that watched old kung fu movies that were before their time and really loved the Shaw Brothers movies. Well this movie pays most of its homage to the SB films and even plays like it except it actually has a big budget. So I thought it was locked in before I even watched it. Ehhhhh It was alright. It didn't really do anything for me. Some of the scenes were nice though. It actually reminded me more of Kill Bill the more and more I thought of it. I went with 3 other guys - 2 liked it and one other felt the same way I did. Lot of people want me to tell them what I think of this movie, so if anyone wants to know I guess I would say if you liked Kill Bill you might like this movie. Outside of that though I think many will find its way over the top action scenes as trying too hard.

Transformers Prime - "Darkest Hour"

WOW! This dark and gritty show just got more ruthless. Thinking it must be the season finale or something because I wasn't expecting that much punch. If Michael Bay stole my childhoood from me, this show is bringing it back ten fold. I love it. They definitely captured the Transformers universe. I think it is the best adaptation of Transformers ever made. It is better than the original when the original was new. It is a shame it is on the Hub instead of a non-cable network station because it deserves more exposure to the masses. Not to mention The Hub isn't even broadcasting in HD.

Transformers "Dark of the Moon": I actually think this is my favorite of the Michael Bay adaptations (haters gonna hate, the action is still great), I just get chills seeing "Bee" and Optimus kicking ass :D.

The Vow: Pretty good romantic flick, time jumps around a lot in the beginning and then midway through, the present has the story building up to a great ending. Snuggle up with a b/f or g/f to it :)

Marley and Me: This was a lot better than I thought, the movie had a lot of surprises and the ending is indeed as sad as everyone said it was :'( . Still a big thumbs up to see it

Total Recall (original): Finally got around to watching this and WOW, definitely see similar elements to Terminator (directing style and what not) but it just a knockout sci-fi/psychological thriller through and through.

Crank 2: Surprisingly hilarious, some pretty wild characters this time around and a tad more implanted comedy to compliment the action but done tastefully. Stathem fans will be happy and get some great laughs with this Comedic/Action movie.

I just get chills seeing "Bee" and Optimus kicking ass :D.

Would of meant something if Megatron wasn't such a pu__y. :vmad:

"Oh yes sir Mr Autobot sir, I'll just sit here like a good little sheep and weep while mechanical maggots eat away at me while you lead the Decepticons. Sorry if I'm in the way, I go sit in that corner over there ex-Autobot sir!" :glare:

History of the World: Part 1 - Thought it was pretty funny, certainly can see why I heard it was "controversial" (which makes it better to me). Some parts had me waiting for them to finish but overall I enjoyed it!

Solaris - Am I stupid or was this movie just lame?? Like I know I understood what went on...but like why?? I don't really recommend this one (and don't recall who recommended it to me, but shame on them lol)

Ninja Assassin- Heard nothing but good things about this and it STILL surprised me with how great it was. Amazing style of action sequences and even ninja lore, likeable characters, believable story (minus some of the super powers stuff :P). Big thumbs up for this, it had alot more substance than I had imagined it would.

The Bank Job: This movie surprised me too, halfway into it I'm like boo hoo, here goes a typical bank heist movie :whistling: . But then the twists start hitting and I'm really taken for a ride, definitely a great movie that's worth the wait of letting the plot come into itself.

The Bank Job: This movie surprised me too, halfway into it I'm like boo hoo, here goes a typical bank heist movie :whistling: . But then the twists start hitting and I'm really taken for a ride, definitely a great movie that's worth the wait of letting the plot come into itself.
The Transporter movies are awesome (granted the first one is the best and they progressively get ridiculous-er and cornier every sequel) and just about everything else that Jason Statham does is usually just over-the-top badassery.

The Bank Job was a really damn good movie.

:D

Watched 'Looper' last night - what a boring mess. And, yet, it was touted as this great SyFy movie. Go figure.

This is from a SyFy fan who has watched, literally, every SyFy movie ever made - even the bad ones.

Even bad movies have some redeeming value. But, 'Looper' - just don't know.

Ghost Rider: Wasn't awful, I thought any scene with him talking was a little corny but I still found it entertaining enough. Not bad but not great either lol

Eastern Promises: Pretty good movie, totally did not expect the dude who played Aragorn in LOTR to go full out Russian in this :O

(or have a naked fight scene with his junk flopping around either)

. I recommend this though, it was a good crime/mob/thriller.

The Transporter movies are awesome (granted the first one is the best and they progressively get ridiculous-er and cornier every sequel) and just about everything else that Jason Statham does is usually just over-the-top badassery.

The Bank Job was a really damn good movie.

:D

Yeah, that's what confused me, The Bank Job was a more serious role (and drama) than I expected going into it but it was really good. Just a change of pace from ol' Statham