TO AMD fans ..the next generation chipsets from AMD

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the lack of PCI is not relevant, the smaller PCI-e 1x cards will work just fine in the larger PCI-e 16x slots as previously mentioned.....looking forward to the release, hopefully it offers some nice improvements, rather than just kinda a little bit better...

laterzzzzz...............

Hell it don't matter to me on the lack of PCI slots. Mainly because if it isn't in the PCI-E slots on any of my setups it don't go. I use on board audio and Networking and 6-8 sata ports are plenty for me for storage because hard drives are cheaper and getting bigger. PCI-E is the new technology. Anyone here remember ISA and AGP slots? Where are they now? In beige cases stacked in our garages and closets on stand-by for door stop/target practice duties. :P

I like Amd--for anyone who's interested-In researching the 790FX I saw some RAM issues, not posting, not doing anything. I used Crucial 1333 4 gigs and four Saphire 5750 GPU's and had no problem-right out of the boxes. I also used a Thors Hammer and got 15c drop over the stock-without fans

Edited by apistodave

• 3 weeks later...