2009 OCC Christmas Contest

Bosco

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I do agree there should be some type of rule that says "You can only enter this contest if you have been a member for at least 3 months" or something like that to prevent people who don't do anything to contribute or help the OCC in anyway, from winning.

If you put some kind of rule like that how is OCC going to draw new members? Then again if they come for only the contest then leave who wants them around anyway?

Is it just deleted or is kept and documented or sold to advertisers?

I'd put good money on "deleted." :)

Then again if they come for only the contest then leave who wants them around anyway?

Exactly.

Edited by Waco

If you put some kind of rule like that how is OCC going to draw new members? Then again if they come for only the contest then leave who wants them around anyway?

I'm all for new members, but the grand prize should go to a existing member.

Then again if they come for only the contest then leave who wants them around anyway?

That's what I was thinking.

Most good participating long time members get attracted to the OCC by the reviews, guides or by help when they asked a question and got an answer that satisfied them rather then contests.

However, it is still possible.

You should have included a post limit or something.

Yes its possible but trust me I would figure it out.

Changing your IP address 50 times is a little tricky and time consuming but not imposable. However you would also need 50 different email and mailing addresses and 50 different names and 50 different phone numbers to successfully be able pull it off it be too complicated for most people to successfully do.

Although I do agree there should be some type of rule that says "You can only enter this contest if you have been a member for at least 3 months" or something like that to prevent people who don't do anything to contribute or help the OCC in anyway, from winning.

I also have one more question about the contest What happens to all your personal info like Name, address, phone number after the contest is done? Is it just deleted or is kept and documented or sold to advertisers?

Info is deleted and in case anyone is wondering I am the only one that sees you info besides the companies that are sending you your prize.

I'm all for new members, but the grand prize should go to a existing member.

If a new member joined say yesterday and has 50 posts by the time the contest is over and they have been active and not spamming they have a chance of winning. If they have 0 posts there is no way in heck I would give the grand prize to them that is just common sense. :)

If a new member joined say yesterday and has 50 posts by the time the contest is over and they have been active and not spamming they have a chance of winning. If they have 0 posts there is no way in heck I would give the grand prize to them that is just common sense. :)

Yeah, I hear ya...and that's how I thought it was, but you didn't list that in the original post, which is why I brought it up. I remember that rule from last year though.

If a new member joined say yesterday and has 50 posts by the time the contest is over and they have been active and not spamming they have a chance of winning.

What if it's an old member who has been actively spamming for years? :blush: