Everyone's Invited to The Raptor Bowl!!!

AIinc

Everyone here at OCC is invited to play in the Second Annual Raptor Bowl! Over at TRP

The Raptor Pit is proud to present:

TRB2010BANNER1.gif

The 2nd Annual "Raptor Bowl" Overclocking Competition

Yes! The Raptor Bowl 2010 is coming fast and it's gonna be a blast! Make sure to sign-up now if don't want to miss the fun for this highly anticipated 2nd edition!

What is the Bowl?

The Raptor Bowl is a free overclocking competition for all TRP members. It consists of only two benchmarking programs that aim to find out the overclocking abilities of the competitors. The Raptor Bowl sets itself apart from other overclocking competitions by including no benchmarks for graphics card. Furthermore, all competitors are entered in classes with comparable CPUs. This mean that anyone can enter and actually have a shot at winning, no matter if you don't have a graphics card or a quad-core CPU!

What are the benchmarks?

The benchmarks used for the competition are Cinebench 10 and CrystalMark (minus the GPU tests). The score is determined by those programs as well as the Overclocking Bonus which puts a number on your CPU ability to OC and your skills in taking it there.

When is this year's edition?

The Raptor Bowl 2010 will be running from January 1st 2010 to January 16th 2010. That is more than two weeks to push your system to the edge.

How to sign-up for the ride?

Head over to The Raptor Pit Forums, where you'll find the Official Forums for The Raptor Bowl 2010. If you are already a member, signing-up is as easy as one post. If you are not a TRP member yet, you can sign-up for membership. It is easy, fast and free!

We hope to see you all there for the overclocking madness of the Bowl! :)

Here is the "Raptor Bowl 2010" sign up thread

The classes are separated as follows:

ci7_78.gif

Intel Core i7 and Core i5 CPUs

---------------

---------------

2q_78.gif

Intel Quad-Core CPUs

---------------

---------------

PHEX4_Logo_E_RGB_76x89.gifPhenom_II_X4.jpg

AMD Quad-Core CPUs

---------------

---------------

2d_78.gifPentium_Dual.jpg

Intel Dual-Core CPUs

---------------

---------------

ATHX2_Logo_E_RGB_76x89.gifAthlon_II_X2.JPGphenom_II_X2.jpg

AMD Dual-Core CPUs

---------------

---------------

athlon.jpgsempron_off.jpgthumb_celeron_77.gif

Intel and AMD Single-Core CPUs

---------------

We now have Sponsors & Prizes!

And a "Cool" new contest built right into the Raptor Bowl!

Check it out!

Inteller

Edited by Inteller

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With your system, I seriously doubt that you would look bad!!!!!!!!

As you've probably already seen, the classes are divided up in cpu types!

So it's i5's & i7's V.S. i5's & i7's

Intel quads V.S. Intel quads

AMD quads V.S. AMD quads

& same goes for dual core, and single core cpus

So you'll be benching against very similar systems!

IMO....I think your system would rock!

Plus your on water!

Oh ya...no need to be shy either! We have invited any/and all members form PC Pitstop, OCF, XCPU, AMD Forums, 411, OCT, and OCC to play in the Raptor Bowl 2010! Everyone can play, from any forum! All you need to do is sign up to be a TRP member (cause you need to be a member to post!), and then sign up in the Raptor Bowl sign up thread! If your already a member of TRP, then just go right to the sign up thread for the Raptor Bowl 2010!

Inteller

Edited by Inteller

Just bragging rights, and you will see how well you can overclock, compared to other like systems.

Plus most every person in the Raptor Bowl, will most likely be in the Forum Winter Wars 2010, from different Forums.

Other than that, I'm not aware of any, but I have PM'ed our Director (dostov), of the Raptor Bowl, and asked him this question. So if there is, I will post back and let all of you know.

Inteller

Edited by Inteller

Are there prizes?

Hi Smith,

We are currently working very hard with hardware companies to provide prizes for this competition but at this point, we cannot confirm any sponsors and therefore, any prizes. As soon as we get confirmation, we'll let everybody know.

Thanks, and hoping to see you there for the competition! :)

Sorry about the lack of prizes Mr. Smith....but you could still play and just consider this a tune up for the up coming Forum Wars! It's quick and easy benching! And the More The Merrier!

Hi guys!

Just thought I'd update you with the prizes for The Raptor Bowl, in case some need incentives! ;)

We truly hope to see you guys there. This is a nice chance at battling against overclockers from all over the scene, with guys coming from many different forums like BTUK, PCP, AMD Forums, OCC and TRP. We have also invited OCF, 411, XCPU and OCT... this will be great!

Cheers! :)

----------------------

The Raptor Bowl 2010 is proud to present its sponsors and prizes! Prizes will be given to the winners, as well as drawn amongst all participants of the Bowl. Sign-up now for a chance to win!

The Prizes

6 x 1-Year Subscription to Computer Power User Magazine - Paper magazines for North-American winners or electronic subscriptions for international winners provided by Computer Power User

3 x Titan Skalli Heatsink - Dual direct touch heatpipes 100mm PWM fan universal CPU cooler provided by Titan Technology

6 x The Raptor Pit Official T-Shirt - A comfortable cotton quality T-shirt designed for better overclocks provided by The Raptor Pit

Here's the full post with how the prizes are going to be given and drawn: http://www.theraptorpit.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5422

Also, don't miss on our side contest for the Bowl: http://www.theraptorpit.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5423

Sign-up for the Bowl before December 31th and join us in January for some mad overclocking!

We hope to see you all there! :)