Metro 2033

tkrow21

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I almost screamed "Gears of War 3?!" At the top of my lungs. Damn you tk :D

:lol: GoW meant God of War long before Gears of War ever came out.

Heres a small preview I don't believe I've posted. Its the top 5 reasons this game should be considered in the crowded March market.

Just realized that this comes out on the same day as GoW 3, lol gl to 4A.

Completely different genre, and available on different platforms (GoW = PS3, Metro 2033 = PC & 360).

:lol: GoW meant God of War long before Gears of War ever came out.

Haha yeah I had to do a search on that one :rolleyes:

So guys! Has anyone played Metro 2033 yet? Any first thoughts?

Edited by Danrik

Just watched the trailer and it actually looks really good! (It reminded me more of STALKER than of FO3, maybe because of the bar and the guitars :lol:)

Looks like its gonna be fun to play! (Is a demo being released or not?)

Completely different genre, and available on different platforms (GoW = PS3, Metro 2033 = PC & 360).

But it steals attention, kind of like Two Worlds (small studio) and Bioshock (much bigger).

I am definitely all about the FPS with a good story to it. That's what got me really hooked onto the Half Life and Stalker series . And from the previews it does look like it'll have a similar feel to stalker, which is a big plus in my book. Will definitely be trying this game out once I exit my self-imposed no video game regime. I vowed not to play any video games until after my comprehensive examinations at the end of may and it's been tough with all these games coming out. The list of games to play starting May 28th is ever expanding and it looks like I'm not going to be doing much else other than gaming this summer.

Well, some of the guys from 4A came from GSC GameWorld which worked on the Stalker games. So the similar feel is probably by design since it is what they know works. I'm really looking forward to this game, though I just don't know if I'll be getting it Tuesday or waiting a little more. I do have spring break next week so I can pick it up at the end of this week to play it, but I know I'll be playing God of War 3 a lot. :lol: And MLB 10 as well, so long as I can get back in the rhythm of that game since its been so long since I've played a baseball game on my PS3.

Edit: Here are some more screens of the game. Just a few more days to go before launch.

Edited by bp9801

Don't know if I should drop $59.99 on this or give it a rental over the weekend.

On one hand, I really want to help the guys at 4A get on their feet, but on the other, it's $8 vs. $60.

Its cheaper on the PC. :P

I vote for rental though just to see if you like it. Doesn't hurt to try out the game before dropping the money on it, you may not enjoy it that much to warrant the purchase. Or you may really love it and rush out to buy it right away. :P I've done that before lol.