Old intel and amd cpus

Well my engineering teacher was cleaning out his back closest and he found 2 old computers. The one with the amd cpu was way older because it still have a removable cmos chip and it has power cords that I didn't even know existed also the motherboards was all different in arrangement. The other one had a regular normal psu and motherboard but still had AGP slots. I brought the intel and amd cpus home just to collect them since they aren't made any more. The intel cpu is 733Mhz which is as fast as the one in your new cell phone and the amd cpu is 400 Mhz. I also took some pics for you guys to see :P

Intel Pentium III 733 Mhz Released 1999:

100_0083.jpg

100_0086.jpg

AMD-K6-2/450AHX 400 Mhz Released 1998:

100_0084.jpg

100_0085.jpg

Edited by rmb938

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The intel cpu is 733Mhz which is as fast as the one in your new cell phone and the amd cpu is 400 Mhz. I also took some pics for you guys to see :P

Technically both are far more powerful than anything you'll find in a cell phone - remember, clock speed isn't everything. :)

The AMD computer was an old AT board, that's why you didn't recognize it. :P

I work with these everyday because our Computer Service Tech class gets all of the old computers from the school. P2s and P3s are all we have and we are just now getting P4s to use.

haha same here. we have so much of this crap in my computer information systems class its amazing.