Amd 4000mhz and beyond

RobBan-Swe

well this is how it went!

at default voltage bios cleared i got up to 3.7 stable

to get stable at 3.8 i had to add +0.025 to 1.42v thats OCCT ran

then i went to 3.9 wich needed another +.075 to make it 1.5v OCCT stable

to get 4.0 i could always get into windows at 1.5v but shortly running Prime95 it would crash, so i bumped it up to 1.52v same thing, went for a lil longer tho, so i bumped it up again to 1.55 this was the closest i got to running stable went through 45 min of OCCT then crashed.. so i bumped it up again to 1. 58v dident even last as long so w/e i bumped it up again to 1.6 soon as it gose to boot into windows crashbefore it even started! im thinking vista sucks for the 4.0ghz i think it has something to do with the os or its a bios update. but i was surprised that my max temp on the CPU was only 50*C MAX so im kinda mad lol.. cant even get 4GHZ :( ill see how far i can get int he 3.9's and get a final OC of the highest stable clock

I think we should make it a 3.9GHz club!! bawhahah

vista making 4GHz very not likly unless it is my bios that needs to be updated

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does the the SB have anything to do wtih reaching 4Ghz OC on the CPU ? CPU OC is linked to vCore, NB, and Mem-timing/Dimm Voltage.

I read it on the internet, if the SB chip go to hot the computer crash. everything seems depending of each other it works for me to 4000-4125mhz but am probably have to build 2 more coolers for SB and NB to reach 4200-4250

to get 4.0 i could always get into windows at 1.5v but shortly running Prime95 it would crash, so i bumped it up to 1.52v same thing, went for a lil longer tho, so i bumped it up again to 1.55 this was the closest i got to running stable went through 45 min of OCCT then crashed.. so i bumped it up again to 1. 58v dident even last as long so w/e i bumped it up again to 1.6 soon as it gose to boot into windows crashbefore it even started! im thinking vista sucks for the 4.0ghz i think it has something to do with the os or its a bios update. but i was surprised that my max temp on the CPU was only 50*C MAX so im kinda mad lol.. cant even get 4GHZ :( ill see how far i can get int he 3.9's and get a final OC of the highest stable clock

I go from vista 64 to xp . but i think vista is the better os for quadcpu i get over 320 frames in cs at 1900-1200\vista. only 260-270 in xp i try vista 64 in weekend for overclocking

I highly doubt it's the OS keeping you from running 4Ghz stable. Either your CPU just doesn't have it within or your high CPU voltage and resultant temps overwhelming your cooling are causing the crash before you can enter windows and any temp monitoring program-how can you know your load temp if it crashes loading windows?. I'm running 4Ghz with Vista right now and have been for a couple of weeks without any problems at all. Probably not a BIOS problem either. Investing in better CPU cooling is your best bet. Even then your CPU just may not be able to do 4Ghz. It's not the OS.

ive got a bigger problem now... i went to go update the bios to F6 everything worked said it copyed it all good and after i exit out of it and restart the computer wont even show the boot up screen now.. im toally stuck :( how do i get out of this situation now???

ive got a bigger problem now... i went to go update the bios to F6 everything worked said it copyed it all good and after i exit out of it and restart the computer wont even show the boot up screen now.. im toally stuck :( how do i get out of this situation now???

Did you update the BIOS when overclocked???

Doesn't your motherboard have Dual BIOS? http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Mother...A-MA790FXT-UD5P

When you went and looked for a BIOS update did you happen to read this

Warning:

Because BIOS flashing is potentially risky, if you do not encounter problems using the current version of BIOS, it is recommended that you not flash the BIOS. To flash the BIOS, do it with caution. Inadequate BIOS flashing may result in system malfunction

First I'd look through the manual real hard(that's not being sarcastic) to see how you can utilize the Dual BIOS feature. There should be a backup of the old BIOS. I don't own any Gigabyte boards but surely someone here can help. If that doesn't prove fruitfull I'd contact Gigabyte's support and seek an answer.

yea ive already sent a question to the support, ive been reading through the manual ill see if i can find that duel boot.. but only jumper i saw was to clear the cmos ive pressed the botton on the board but that dident do anything. Hopfully somone knows a way around it.. im killin for doing it not a good feeling in the belly right now :/