Amd 4000mhz and beyond

RobBan-Swe

thats the name of the game. learn from your mistakes. so what you guys are trying to say is the board is dead for real? still havent really answered the question if this board is salvageable... plz let me know if i can get this board to work again, if now i have ordered a new one and a corsair water cooling unit, Crosshair II Formula you think should be better than my Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P??? i hope this board is better, cuz it should be here in a few days.. ill be back up trying to get the 4000 again, this time alot more wiser.

so what you guys think?

Honestly I would go with the CrossHair III Formula instead. I have the Crosshair II Formula cause I got stuck with it. It was a part of a project build that I was suppose to complete mid last year but got delayed, not to mention DDR2 has is not obsolete yet.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of cooler are you useing on that 955? im running the Scythe Mugen 2 on my 965, keeps it super cool! 3.95 stable at 1.52v 48*C max but i ordered the Corsair Hydro Series H50 i was lucky i noticed it dont come with AMD bracket, corsair gives it for free you pay shipping thats it!

I wonder what kind of temps the H20 is gonna give :)

What kind of cooler are you useing on that 955? im running the Scythe Mugen 2 on my 965, keeps it super cool! 3.95 stable at 1.52v 48*C max but i ordered the Corsair Hydro Series H50 i was lucky i noticed it dont come with AMD bracket, corsair gives it for free you pay shipping thats it!

That water kit is barely better than a decent air cooler...

My H2O setup is moded. I have the Koolance CPU-350AC Water Block with the Thermaltake Bigwater. However I have Moded the Thermaltake Bigwater. It is external outside my Thermaltake sword case and i am using 1/2" tubbing. The Rad is double sided with 2 120mm fans, 1 pushes and 1 pulls the air through the Rad.