Top 25 consoles of all time

InCrYsIs

I didn't even know there were more than 25 consoles. I didn't even know there were more than 15 :lol:

All Nintendo home consoles have been cool excluding the wii.

Seriously? Wii isn't bad. It has two things going for it that I can appreciate - 1) Bringing respect back to Nintendo, even if people don't own one they can't deny its popularity, and 2) Downloading old games ...yaya, there are ROMS, but many ROMS are flawed, plus they are illegal - If i didn't already own the Wii, I would have bought it simply for Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen and then you add Metroid Prime, Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, and Okami to seal the deal.

Granted I get more use out of my 360, but is because i use consoles for social fun and the crowd likes the 360 games more.

Staying on topic, if I ranked my consoles it would be like this:

1. SNES - BY FAR my favorite game system ...Ogre Battle, 1st Mario Kart, Super Metroid, TMNT, Street Fighter, Super Bomberman, Secret of Mana
  2. NES - 1st Metroid, 1st Zelda, Romance of the 3 Kingdoms, Mike Tyson's Punchout!, Stryder, Castlevania: Simon's Quest, Super Mario!, Bionic Commando, Double Dragon, RC Pro Am, 1st Mega-Man, Super Dodgeball, Contra!, Ice Hocky, Ninja Gaiden
  3. N64 - One of the weakest systems overall but 3 games kept my attention for MANY hours... Ogre Battle 64, GoldenEye 007, Mario Kart 64 ...as much I want to hate this system I can't deny those games, I'm replaying Ogre Battle 64 right now in fact
  4. XBox 360 - As much as I hate Microsoft I gotta give it up to these games... GoW1, GoW2, MKvsDC, Bioshock, Overlord 2 (liking it so far at least) and UFC
  5. Wii - Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime: Corruption, Super Smash Brawl, Okami ...and being able to download Ogre Battle (snes) on Virtual Console makes this console bring respect back to Nintendo
  6. GameCube - Starting to get tough to decide now... picking this one simply because of Metroid Prime, which turned out to be one of the best games ever made ...finally a tough game completely dependent on player skill and not the comp just being cheap (*cough* Ninja Gaiden *cough*) ...and it easily had better graphics than most of the Xbox games - Mario Kart: Double Dash was pretty fun too. Sadly Metroid Prime: Echoes was just boring to me.
  7. PS1 - Final Fantasy VII and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night were the two big games ...then add in fighting games like Tekkan
  8. PS2 - Soul Calibur III, God of War, Disgaea, Devil May Cry

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

N64 is simply the best console of all time! Mario Kart 64, Mario 64, Zelda 64, Donkey Kong 64, Super Smash Brothers.... Goldeneye... Mario Party 64.... just to name a few! There's a reason my mate brought one to our apartment here in Holland :D Let me tell you, there has not been much studying going on here yet!

Seriously? Wii isn't bad.

Yeah I know, I just don't really care for it, I only use it for gamecube games and I don't like the wiimote and nunchuck, though it may be popular I don't care for it and so it wasn't high on my list, when I said all nintendo systems but the wii are cool, I didn't mean the wii sucks, i just don't really use it. I have edited my original post.

[*]N64 - One of the weakest systems overall but 3 games kept my attention for MANY hours... Ogre Battle 64, GoldenEye 007, Mario Kart 64 ...as much I want to hate this system I can't deny those games, I'm replaying Ogre Battle 64 right now in fact

Ogre Battle series is so great, that is the reason n64 made my list, last time I played it I got beyond the maximum time played (99hours i think it was)

[*]GameCube - Starting to get tough to decide now... picking this one simply because of Metroid Prime, which turned out to be one of the best games ever made ...finally a tough game completely dependent on player skill and not the comp just being cheap (*cough* Ninja Gaiden *cough*) ...and it easily had better graphics than most of the Xbox games - Mario Kart: Double Dash was pretty fun too. Sadly Metroid Prime: Echoes was just boring to me.

I didn't care for metroid prime :rolleyes:

Whats wrong with the wii? Heck the homebrew scene is 2x larger than it was with GameCube.

Its not bad, I just don't care for it.

Edited by xchrissypoox

N64 is simply the best console of all time! Mario Kart 64, Mario 64, Zelda 64, Donkey Kong 64, Super Smash Brothers.... Goldeneye... Mario Party 64.... just to name a few! There's a reason my mate brought one to our apartment here in Holland :D Let me tell you, there has not been much studying going on here yet!

My brother recently bought a N64 from ebay just to play Goldeneye. I really loved the Intelivision but PS1 was also one o my favorites. Countless hours playing the first 3 Resident Evil games.

Only two other games rivaled the time spent on the RE series. Ninja Gaiden and Super Mario 3 on NES.

Edited by InCrYsIs

5 of those systems on my list really stick out for me. Probably my most fav was the Atari 2600 though I never owned it my self it was my parents. Second would definately be my ColecoVison... I would play some of the different games it had for hours. I really loved Turbo came with a steering wheel and everything and you even shifted gears with the up and down movement of the controller paddle.

I guess right after that would be the NES which I remember for contra and many others. The genesis was plain awesome and the fact the Mortal Kombat didn't suck on it like it did on the SNES made it even better. I guess lastly I should add in about the PSX which is my 5th fav console ever. First 3 resident evil games were amazing and much better compared to the 4th and 5th installments of today. I also remember it for FinalFantay VII in particular and also played VIII, and IX.

I had/have

Atari 2600

Atari 5800

Nintendo Entertainment System

Sega Genesis (with 32X add-on)

Nintendo Super Nintendo

Nintendo Gameboy Pocket

Nintendo Gameboy Color

Nintendo Gameboy Advance (owned three, but lost the first and second)

Nintendo 64

3 Sega Dreamcasts (only one works lol)

Sony Playstation 2

Xbox

Sony Playstation 3

Nintendo Gamecube (pending)

and of course my super Gaming Computer(s) I've had over the years, wouldn't have been here without them :unsure:

I love all these systems in their own ways and couldn't possibly list them in order of most appreciated

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Ogre Battle series is so great, that is the reason n64 made my list, last time I played it I got beyond the maximum time played (99hours i think it was)

Yes, 99hrs - which isn't hard to obtain ...especially if you try an obtain all the special classes, special character quest items and neutral characters ...not to mention it keeps the timer running if you are just sitting at the main map. (i.e. not in a fight)

If you never played it, download Ogre Battle for the SNES on your Wii - you will need the Wii's version of the SNES controller to play it though. I prefer it over OB64.

I didn't care for metroid prime :rolleyes:

Yup, I know people who didn't care for it ...mostly because of the challenge it presented. It definitely required some twitch skills. I really like Metroid Prime because as i said, its one of the few games built that really rewards player skill and is dependent on it. Games like DMC3 where 1 hit from a boss mob takes 3/4 of your health and it doesn't even have to directly hit you is just stupid. Everyone goes on and on about how Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox is the ultimate hard game ...nah, it was just cheap and once you figure out how it cheats it really wasn't too hard, nor fulfilling. Plus, I just REALLY, REALLY like the Ice stage in Metroid Prime - I normally don't compliment game music but I liked the ice stage music. I'd like more games to implement that map system too. Metroid Prime: Echoes was a severe disappointment for me though - never did finish it.

The genesis was plain awesome and the fact the Mortal Kombat didn't suck on it like it did on the SNES made it even better.

:lol: Mortal Kombat for the Genesis was the reason my friend and I traded in the Genesis for the SNES. My parents couldn't afford to buy me a genesis so I traded in all my NES games and my NES (big mistake) for a Genesis just so I could get Mortal Kombat with the blood in it. Yeah I was a huge MK fan (read dork) but I was soo pissed with Genesis' version of it I took the Genesis to Wally-Mart and exchanged it for a SNES. I didn't buy MK for snes, figured i'd just get my fix of arcade games in the arcade because only two arcade ports were worth playing - TMNT and Double Dragon. So glad I traded in that Genesis for the SNES. But I do agree SNES had the worst version of MK ...man did it suck.

Genesis had so many good games, I admittedly owned very few Genesis games back in the day but I rented/borrowed MANY awesome games.

Castlevania is an awesome series, I can't say the Genesis version (Bloodlines) is the best version but it is one of my favorites followed by Symphony of the Night.

I suppose owning those two games may have something to do with liking them however.

Genesis had so many good games, I admittedly owned very few Genesis games back in the day but I rented/borrowed MANY awesome games.

Castlevania is an awesome series, I can't say the Genesis version (Bloodlines) is the best version but it is one of my favorites followed by Symphony of the Night.

I suppose owning those two games may have something to do with liking them however.

:withstupid:

Golden Axe, Sonic The Hedghog series,ToeJam and Earl, VectorMan, Aladdin, Rock and Roll Racing, Ecco, Cool Spot, Greendog, Earthworm Jim, General Chaos, Home Alone, Jurrasic Park, King's Bounty, Phantasy Star, X-men. (these weren't all from memory, I had to look over at what I had...I'm sure I missed alot of others I liked)

Some of those may have SNES alternatives, but I never owned an SNES while it was the newest thing out and loved my Genesis.

Edited by IVIYTH0S