What console announcement excited you the most?

d3bruts1d

PS3 Slim, PS3 Pricecut, or Xbox 360 pricecut  

53 members have voted

1. 1. I was more excited about...

• PS3 Slim
    • PS3 "Fat" price cut
    • Xbox 360 price cut
    • Didn't care about any of that.
    • I was extremely excited about everything!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always say, consoles are for "lazy gamers". What I mean is, they do not take the time to build and a computer, instead they just go, Oh Ehm Gee a console that is so amazing!(Not :))

My friends always say consoles are soooo much better than computers, they just don't have clue, because they do not take the time to research about it, which is why I call them lazy gamers :P

I do not care for any price cuts, I have my Xbox 360 which I only use for Guitar Hero and Smackdown vs. Raw.

I had been contemplating getting a blu ray player for some time now and decided to pick up a ps3 slim for about the same price. For me it will be a blu ray movie player first and a gaming console second.

Being that I already have both a PS3 and Xbox 360, I really don't care much for any of the news... I've said it before, and I'll say it again... the PS3 "Slim" looks cheap in all the photos I've seen so far.

I always say, consoles are for "lazy gamers". What I mean is, they do not take the time to build and a computer, instead they just go, Oh Ehm Gee a console that is so amazing!(Not :))

My friends always say consoles are soooo much better than computers, they just don't have clue, because they do not take the time to research about it, which is why I call them lazy gamers :P

I do not care for any price cuts, I have my Xbox 360 which I only use for Guitar Hero and Smackdown vs. Raw.

I own two consoles, along with a PC I use for gaming.

I believe Consoles are easily more superior than the PC in everything (Adventure (think Assassin's Creed), Racing) except FPS, RTS, and RPG/MMO.

I believe Consoles are easily more superior than the PC in everything (Adventure (think Assassin's Creed), Racing) except FPS, RTS, and RPG/MMO.

:huh:

i played assassins creed on PC, and it not only had better graphics than the console version, but more content. also i'm currently playing fuel on PC and had a pretty good time with burnout paradise, and flatout ultimate carnage. with the colin mcrae, burnout and NFS games being released on PC these days i can't say i'm really missing anything in the racing department.

the only good argument i can see for consoles > PC is that developers tend to release first on consoles.

I would suppose in light of some rethought the PS3 price drop is more appealing then the thin PS3 since I bought my PS2 when that price drop first occured around the release of the thin PS2. Currently I'm broke tho so no PS3. Even if I do get it I doubt it will be much use seeing as how my wii only gets used a couple times a month I doubt it would get much more attention than any of my other consoles that are sitting gathering dust.

:huh:

i played assassins creed on PC, and it not only had better graphics than the console version, but more content.

:withstupid: Assassin's Creed was clearly superior on the PC in every way. Better graphics, more content, and arguably better controls. Once you get used to the mouse/keyboard controls, it becomes second nature and surprisingly fluid. If for some reason you can't manage it, you can always use a gamepad, including a 360 gamepad if you want. So in other words, the PC has more control options available to it.

So when it comes to AC, that's PC: 3, 360: 1 (I'm giving one point to the 360 since it was released first on that platform).

In all honesty, there isn't really any genre that plays better on the consoles. Even racing games, if you're a hardcore racing fan, the PC offers the use of wheels, pedals, etc. and much more realistic racing sims. The only possible genre is fighting games, but that's mostly because they simply don't make many for the PC. If they did, however, they'd most likely be superior on the PC. Although I haven't played it, reviews for Street Fighter IV seem to indicate that the PC version is far superior.

Consoles advantages come from in-the-same-room multiplayer/co-op play, which is more difficult to accomplish on the PC. Other than that, it's hard to argue that any genre works better on consoles.