5870 price range

N.E.A

yes didnt you ever notice you get better results with a single card then 2 in crossfire? like a single 4870x2 will put out better performance then a pair of 4870s?.... maybe its bottle necking somewhere who knows either way like he said if you got an x2 that always leave more room for quad fire

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes didnt you ever notice you get better results with a single card then 2 in crossfire? like a single 4870x2 will put out better performance then a pair of 4870s?....

A single 4870X2 will outdo two 512 MB 4870s but not a pair of 1 GB cards.

@ N.E.A.:

It really sounded like you hated ATI and wanted NVIDIA to wipe out ATI and make it completely disappears... so I wanted to show you that's most probably not what would happen in the near future. I think their CPU division is much closer to disappear than the GPU one! :lol:

BTW your screen going black is not a normal issue. You should have looked into that before criticizing ATI.

I think their CPU division is much closer to disappear than the GPU one! :lol:

Neither is going anywhere anytime soon. AMD has the OEM market cornered in many places because they have the cheapest quad cores on the market. :)

Looking good if this is true...

GRAPH!!

:bah: :bah: :bah: :bah: :bah: :bah: :bah: :bah: :bah:

I won't believe anything related to synthetic benchmarks, I need real games :D

thanks for posting that up RR, it does seem to show about where the 5870 should settle at...*ideally* but synthetic benchmarks always show the *ideal* results. It all depends if ATI can actually code their drivers efficiently enough to bring out all that performance potential for real gaming

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Well based on those numbers some are really good others are very poor. I don't think they will take the performance crown back its not good enough. I have a feeling Nvidia's next card is going to make this an intresting battle.

I see Crysis is a PIA still. Man I hate that game :lol:

Well based on those numbers some are really good others are very poor. I don't think they will take the performance crown back its not good enough. I have a feeling Nvidia's next card is going to make this an intresting battle.

I see Crysis is a PIA still. Man I hate that game :lol:

yeah I'm not really ZOMG'n about those numbers....and this certainly doesn't convince me into buying one because it's a freaking yacht of a card.

I should pass judgment since it hasn't been released yet, so I'll let time take it's course and pray these numbers improve. <_<