5870 price range

N.E.A

Damn I'm a Sprint customer and have an AMD videocard :(. I though nvidia had the biggest drop in profit though (even though they started with alot more money). I don't know why they'd say that there is a high chance that 2009-2010 will have AMD on a continuing downward spiral. (Assuming they can get back up after the i5 embarrassed them). You gotta give them credit, they are fighting two much bigger companies all their own, I'm surprised they made it this far

Edited by IVIYTH0S

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The fastest GPU...for now :P, we know not what the future will bring.

That's how computing has always worked. :shrug:

ATI drivers aren't inefficient, Crossfire just doesn't scale well. Rarely does the driver really hurt single-card performance (it's usually less CPU bound than nVidia drivers).

That's how computing has always worked. :shrug:

ATI drivers aren't inefficient, Crossfire just doesn't scale well. Rarely does the driver really hurt single-card performance (it's usually less CPU bound than nVidia drivers).

I should of specified crossfire, since other than physx, the 295 could be brought down a few notches if the CF performance was higher and more stable.

Ugh, stupid Firefox. Crashed and posted again automatically when I restarted it. :P

I hate when that happens, haha, it beat's typing out a long post and then losing it all. I always copy my whole posts before I send them

Damn I'm a Sprint customer and have an AMD videocard :(. I though nvidia had the biggest drop in profit though (even though they started with alot more money). I don't know why they'd say that there is a high chance that 2009-2010 will have AMD on a continuing downward spiral. (Assuming they can get back up after the i5 embarrassed them). You gotta give them credit, they are fighting two much bigger companies all their own, I'm surprised they made it this far

i respect amd ,

really , intel is kicking amd`a butt , not only with cpu but with chips as well

especially x58 p55 since you are not limited with one type of video cards ,

but i like amd in keeping the ddr2 boards and cpu

some one told that if amd is thinking like intel they would have killed them

intel makes faster cpus without caring for upgrading ( 1366/1156/775)

when intel made i7 people thought they will not make 775 anymore

any one who get 775 now is in a path that does not have upgrade options

unless when some one like me who upgrades to a whole new system

for instance : when i bought p35 and e8400 i could have upgraded to q9550

but when i was thinking about upgrading intel released i7 so i got i7 instead

i do not like remove the cooler open the socket remove the cpu put another .......:P

back on what i was saying

i mean if amd did not make am3 cpu with ddr2 controller they could have made another thing to put there to make it faster

and the fact that it can run on am2+ is limiting their thoughts

Ugh, stupid Firefox. Crashed and posted again automatically when I restarted it. :P

:P :P

:lol: that never happened to me , i am a new fir fox guy , i began using it in 2008

really , intel is kicking amd`a butt , not only with cpu but with chips as well

I would not say so with chipsets. Intel just cannot touch the performance of AMD's IGPs. Even the somewhat old HD3200 wipes their best: the X4500HD.

And what about the HD4200 which is part of AMD's mainstream platform? It's even better. And the best of all is it can be overclocked to a whole 1GHz easily. Now, try to overclock an X4500HD and give me news. I don't even think it's doable.

Although chipsets are not all about IGPs. Let's look at southbridges.

Intel's latest, the ICH10R, supports:

-6 SATA ports. The SB750 also does.

-6 PCI-E x1. The 790FX takes care of that.

-12 USB 2.0. Same for SB750.

-HD Audio. Obviously...

-RAID 0,1,5,10. Same once again for SB750.

So in terms of features, they are pretty much the same. Now if we compare the X58 to the 790FX, both support up to 2x16 or 4x8 PCI-E configurations.

And guess what? The next chipsets are coming soon. As for Intel, the X58 will last for a while since the hexa-cores will use it. The P55 is just out of the door, but that's the mainstream, nothing better in there. I am not sure when will be their next chipset release really.

I would not say so with chipsets. Intel just cannot touch the performance of AMD's IGPs. Even the somewhat old HD3200 wipes their best: the X4500HD.

And what about the HD4200 which is part of AMD's mainstream platform? It's even better. And the best of all is it can be overclocked to a whole 1GHz easily. Now, try to overclock an X4500HD and give me news. I don't even think it's doable.

-HD Audio. Obviously...

So in terms of features, they are pretty much the same. Now if we compare the X58 to the 790FX, both support up to 2x16 or 4x8 PCI-E configurations.

And guess what? The next chipsets are coming soon. As for Intel, the X58 will last for a while since the hexa-cores will use it. The P55 is just out of the door, but that's the mainstream, nothing better in there. I am not sure when will be their next chipset release really.

and that's why you're a reviewer :high-five: borat-high-five.jpg

-HD Audio. Obviously...

sorry , i did not mean the igp ones of course amd is the best in that area

i meant in the area of installing 2 cards

amd cpus can not keep up with 1 or even 2 compared to intel (775/1156/1366)

and the fact that x58 / p55 support sli/cf

unlike amd cf

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/core-i5-gami...view-31673.html

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/core-i5-lynn...view-31672.html

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/Intel-22nm-C...news-31928.html

dam guys we have not seen 32 nm cpus

and intel wants to make 22nm

i think i read that amd will skip 32nm and go for 22nm in the occ news i think...

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/Intel-22nm-C...news-31928.html