5870 price range

N.E.A

N.E.A. you give too much credit to random things you read on the internet. Nobody has any hard numbers right now...so why continue to flip/flop back and forth between nVidia and ATI when you don't even have any facts to compare with? :lol:

:lol: i think he is not , but i want to know how to know that a game is optimized for ati or nvidia ................by it`s look.........

Comprehension is not your forte huh?

I called him insane because he thought he could look at a game and figure out if it was "ATI optimized" or something...and that's completely ludicrous. :lol:

Edited by Waco

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bioshock does do well with ATI cards and Crossfire does scale in this game. Nvidia just scales better! ATI needs to have user adjusted Crossfire profiles as well as global profiles so that they can get all games to scale. One of my favorites is IL-2 and it wont scale with Crossfire or play worth scrap with an ATI card due to the drivers. Lets see if this is improved with the 5800 series. If not then you know whats sitting in the top two PCIe slots in my rig!

Bioshock does do well with ATI cards and Crossfire does scale in this game. Nvidia just scales better! ATI needs to have user adjusted Crossfire profiles as well as global profiles so that they can get all games to scale. One of my favorites is IL-2 and it wont scale with Crossfire or play worth scrap with an ATI card due to the drivers. Lets see if this is improved with the 5800 series. If not then you know whats sitting in the top two PCIe slots in my rig!

lol you and you're IL-2 (I've been really meaning to pick that up, my friend spoke highly of it.) I could always play it with my 8800gt

I am going to clear a few things up right now.

I have been talking to game developers as of late due to some of the stuff that we are working on behind the scenes. The Nvidia logo is stating that the game has been optimized to run decently on Nvidia hardware. It doesn't mean that its better then ATI it means that Nvidia's driver teams have spent the time with game companies to make there hardware work. One of the biggest complaints from game companies is how ATI does not do this. So there is no special reason for the logo other then it tells you an Nvidia card works well with the game. If ATI did this their logo would show as well.

I have been talking to game developers as of late due to some of the stuff that we are working on behind the scenes. The Nvidia logo is stating that the game has been optimized to run decently on Nvidia hardware. It doesn't mean that its better then ATI it means that Nvidia's driver teams have spent the time with game companies to make there hardware work. One of the biggest complaints from game companies is how ATI does not do this. So there is no special reason for the logo other then it tells you an Nvidia card works well with the game. If ATI did this their logo would show as well.

good to know .........:)

thanks boss , you rock................:)

Clear sky plays well on ATI because the visual quality is worse. They do not render parts of the environment!

I thought they patched the things back in?? They display the logo of ATI in the beginning, I did see the review on what you're talking about before.

I love that, because then they tell you your card doesn't work.(Medal of Honor Airborne when I tried using my 7300GS, said it didn't work with exactly that card <_<)

It probably costs a lot of money to put logos into those games, AMD just doesn't need that I guess.